Thursday, July 21, 2011

Like Waterloo station today.

Hi there again folks, well thursday arrives and the weather is still very damp, still according to the weather forecast it should brighten up on Sunday.

Well it started as a busy day today and just got busier, I was awake at 5.45 this morning, got up and made a coffee, took it back to bed and fell asleep until  8.15, so that set me back a little, anyway no worries really got my self dressed and decided to have wheatabix for breakfast today, makes a change from puree porridge, there must be some improvement in the swallowing as the wheatabix are going down easier than than they were a few weeks ago.  anyway, at 9.10 my carer turns up to get me groomed and ready for the day ahead,

Pauline phoned about 10.00 to say she will be round about 11.00 for a couple of hours and true to her word she arrives about 11.15, we have a coffee and a chat and she said that she will have a go at cleaning my kitchen worktops, which is nice as they certainly need a good going over, I try my best but havn't got the strength to really give a good clean. anyway before she can start there is a knock on the front door and it is the district nurse come to dress my toe ( it is being done tomorrow at the eastney health centre after my blood test) so start to explain when blow me down my brother Pat arrives to pay a visit. so it is getting like waterloo station here now so many people and very little room, however not to complain as it is nice to see people, explained the situation to district nurse regarding my toe, so that is ok. and then settled to have a chat with pat, and pauline goes to sort out the kitchen.

It was a very pleasant morning today, pat stayed until about 1.00 pm when he went off to do a couple of jobs and pauline left about 1.30 pm, kitchen looks very tidy now ( wonder how long it will stay like that)

Gervase will be round this evening about 6.30 pm on his way home from work, so will be nice to see him and have a chat, so all in all a busy day, did puree salmon for lunch today with a white sauce and mashed potato, certainly food is getting easier to swallow and the appetite is increasing so positive vibes at the moment.

Tomorrow will be a busy day as I have blood test at 12.30 and also tomrrow is Methotrexate day and I always feel like crap on Fridays so not a good day for me, at least it is only once a week, and It starts to feel better by mid afternoon.

Well another week nearly over and still no contact from social services with regards to a re assesment of my care needs, spoke to the district nurse matron when she came on tuesday, and she said she would contact Social services so I may here from them next week, I hope so as the care plan I am on at the moment was the re-abelment one  for my release from Hospital, it should have lasted for 5 weeks and we are in week 9 now so don,t know how much longer it will be in place for. Oh well "God bless the System".

Its about time I stopped rambling on and started to think about what to have for tea tonight, will it be soup or something more adventurous, Who Knows, only time will tell, so until tomorrow,

No comments:

Post a Comment