Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A bit of a moan

Good morning one and all, another day dawns and I am feeling the effects of yesterday,s walk around Asda shopping, A good idea it might have been in theory, but in practice not a good idea, I can understand the thinking by my neurologist about strengthening the muscles and fully endorse it, what I have to do is not let myself get carried away with the enthusiasm.

The idea of being able to walk for an hour unaided is a great incentive to regaining my independence,  but at what cost, after the turmoil of the last 10 months leading up to the diagnosis of Dermatomyositis in May this year and the range of emotions I went through it is finally dawning on me that my life has now changed dramatically at the age of 68.

A total rethink was needed and that has now taken place, I have a very good supportive family and friends around me, and it is obvious to me that instead of thinking of all the things I cannot now do ( The hardest was realizing that I could not make the trip to Kent for my Niece,s wedding at the weekend), I need to concentrate on the many things I can do,

I may have lost a lot of my mobility but the brain is still as active as ever, so rather than get to a situation where I sit around all day watching TV, reading, feeling sorry for myself, etc, I need to look again at some of the skills I possess and put them to use, so as well as writing my blogs I am re starting my Genealogy Company " Portsmouth Genealogy" assisting people with their family history research within Portsmouth. I am also restarting my Greeting Card design company  "New Horizons" Both these projects will enable me to regain a portion of my independence, and give me the opportunity to earn a wage (although limited). without having to travel around, as the genealogy can be done online and using the vast archive of material I have acquired over time, and the Greeting Card design can be done 100% within house.

Well It is now 2.45 pm My Brother pat turned up to see me about 12.30, and brought me up to speed with the family and especially the wedding at the weekend. Tomorrow my Friend Pauline will be down to see me for a couple of hours, she always comes on a Tuesday and does a bit of tidying up for me and we have a good chat, also my Sister Eileen and her friend Chris will be round tomorrow to fit a new bolt on the toilet door and to trim the Buddleia in the garden as that has started to get out of control a bit ( A lot Actually)

We not very much happening today apart from me rabbiting on so until tomorrow its goodbye all.



No comments:

Post a Comment