Monday, August 15, 2011

A busy Monday.

Time for Coffee.


♬♬♬ Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Its out of bed we go ♬♬♬, Oh welll a start of another day, and a busy one at that, Have a lot happening today so need to make sure I am up and ready. Not a good night last night, went to bed about 11.45 pm and didn't really settle until about  3.30 am, but then slept through until 7.45 am so need to get a move on with breakfast. Carer will be round about 8.30 and then I need to get shaved.



So What is happening today then ?. well The builder will be here about 9.00 to start to get the front bay ready for repair and decoration, My son Gervase will be round about 10.45 am as he is taking me up to the QA Hospital for my appointment with my Neurologist, I also need to go shopping at the retail park for another hand blender, and then home to collapse in front of the TV. Yippeeeeee, a lovely life !!NOT!!

Builder at work
Breakfast of Puree porridge has been eaten, Carer has  been, I am shaved, Groomed and dressed so ready for the day ahead and the builder has just arrived so he will make a good early start on the front bay.

The weather is good today so the builder should have no problems getting to grips with getting the bay stripped down ready for painting tomorrow, there is a slight amount of repair work to do but that should not take more than an hour or so

Just had a phone call from my son gervase to say he is on the way so, have a quick coffee and then of to the Queen Alexandra Hospital Out Patients clinic to see the consultant, the appointment is for 11.40 am.


Gervase arrives about 10.50 so into the car and off we go to the Hospital,  not a bad journey up ther takes about 20 min,s, as there are roadworks at the junction of Copnor road and Burrfields road and we arrive at QA about 10.25. Gervase drops me off at the out patients entrance and then goes to park the car.

It is busy here today, lots of people but Dr Gibb calls me at about 12.05, appointment was for 11.40 so not too long a wait.

Its all down to the toss of a coin 
Seen Dr gibb and he is pleased with the way I am progressing and wants to see me in october, he tested my arm and hand muscles, they are showing more strength now, although I am still in active disease. we have decided to maintain the Methotrexate at 15 mg per week and have reduced the Pred down to 25 mg daily.  he is concerned that the speech therapist has been a little slack in giving exercises to help the Dysphagia so I am phoning the therapist today for a review next week. He has set me a target of walking for an hour a day by the time I see him in October, I will walk everyday and gradually build up to 1 hour a day, he maintains that this will help and be of benefit and I am in total agreement with him on that point

So all in all a good consultation with lots of positive points being raised, also we are reducing blood tests from weekly to fortnightly and then monthly.





Now all that is left is to get to Curry,s at the retail park and find a decent hand blender and then home for a coffee. found a nice Kenwood  hand blender for £20.00 so happy with that so a good day done, now home, Coffee and Sleep. so until tomorrow, have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment