Monday, August 8, 2011

Frankie Went-A-Walking

Hi there all Guess What "" Its me again "" You lot do get spoilt, well here we are at another Monday so first things first lets make sure we take the Folic Acid, easy to forget as I only take 1 a week on a monday, (3 days after the Methotrexate).


Not a good night last night , but saying that not so much acid reflux so I suppose I really should not grumble but I will, Carer came earlier today so had a good wash and groom and cream put on my legs so ready for the day ahead. The weather is cooler today,and the humidity is not high, so breathing should be OK Today.

Pauline text to say she was coming round about 11.15 this morning and we could have a trip down to the co-op in winter road, that is not to far away from home so I have decided to see if I can walk that distance or not, If we take the wheel chair and I push it we will see how we get on with it, Would not try it on my own.

Grayshott Road looking toward winter road

Well true to form Pauline arrives and so we decide to see how far I
can get walking and pushing the Wheel Chair, so off we go down Grayshott road, My goodness me this felt really good to be walking and getting a bit of exercise. Now Grayshott is quite a long road although it seems longer at the moment but I am in the second section and can see winter road at the the end of Grayshott.


Winter Road looking south towards the co-op.

This is going better than expected, taking it easy but Winter road is getting nearer, it will be nice just to walk along Winter road and look into the shop,s all this being stuck indoors is really doing my head in, "All those years when working I used to think " how nice it would be just to be able to laze around indoors instead of having to get up and go to work everyday" so glad I did not, this really suck,s"" anyway got into winter road, and starting to feel a little heavy in the legs, but breathing is OK and no pain so going well.


Co-op Winter Road, Southsea, looking North
towards Grayshott Road.
Well we eventually got to the Co-op in Winter road. Mission accomplished. well no good stopping now so pushed wheelchair around the Co-op, got a bit of shopping and then walked the return journey home. trouble is now I am so Knackered I will probably sleep all after noon. the round trip took about an hour, so an improvement on the trip to Tesco the other day, not something I will be doing every day at the moment but at least I felt an achievement in doing this. Could not have done it had I been on my own, having someone with me made it a lot easier, " Peace of mind really just in case I could not make it. (2012 Olympic marathon team watch out)

Oh well it is now 5-50 pm, Have slept most of this afternoon. Feel a little ache in the legs, especially the Knees, but no pain and no rash so feel a sense of achievement over today, did not think I would be walking like that at Easter, will have to see how the consultant feels about Physiotherapy, when I see him next monday. Time now to get dinner sorted and then to work on the Family History for an hour or so this evening, hopefully the exercise will make me sleep better tonight.

Will be back tomorrow with an exciting blog of the adventures of going into Commercial road shopping centre, wohooooo Tesco, M&S, Debenham,s etc. so untill tomorrow, Bye Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment