Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday again.

a happy carer
Where has the week gone, it only seem like yesterday that we were starting the week with the folic acid tablet, and now its Friday and time for the Methotrexate. it has been a pretty good week as Myositis weeks go, many positives with a few negatives thrown in just to keep us on our toe,s

a not very happy tax man
Tuesday was a good day shopping down Asda with Pauline and also received a copy of the letter my Neurologist has sent to my GP detailing the treatment plan for the next few weeks, reducing the Prednisolone, and going for blood test fortnightly and also to make sure I have the flue jab this year, and  then on Wednesday reduced Prednisolone down to 20 mg per day,  feeling I have less energy and slight joint pain but not anything that I cant control at the moment, hopefully we can taper the Prednisolone down to the 10 mg daily without to many setbacks.  Received a letter from the Neurologist today for my next appointment on the 9th November and then on Thursday received a letter from the Speech Therapist about the Dysphagia, she is writing to my GP ref a referral for a Barium Swallow to see how that is progressing prior to an exercise regime to help with the swallowing although it is improving slowly. and then today received a letter from the Inland Revenue to say I have overpaid Income tax this year by £20.00 so they sent a refund. so all going in the right direction this week.

Had the assessment from the Adult social care team on Monday, so waiting to hear the outcome from that but in the meantime they are continuing with the morning carer from the enablement team from Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Got a Tax Rebate
So in reflection of the week it has been an interesting week and as I said at the start of this posting many positives with a few negatives thrown in but all in all I am:-

(1) reducing the Prednisolone,
(2) staying at 15 mg Methotrexate per week on a friday,
(3) reducing blood test from weekly to fortnightly,
(4) sleeping slightly better, and breathing easier with the cooler weather,
(5) and to round it off I am  £20.00 better off with a Tax Rebate. !!!!!!!!! Yahoooooo !!!!!!!!

As I sit here the sun has come out and lots of blue sky around, so looks like it might be getting better weather for the Bank Holiday Weekend, I had a friend come in and see me today for an hour and he was saying that the traffic was bad coming into Portsmouth, probably the holiday makers arriving for the long weekend.

Well a short posting today so until tomorrow Cheerio to you all.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Frank this is Burly Man. I loved your blog. I also like the rock garden. You are a true fighter for the cause. Keep doing what your doing. I am feeling better, and will continue to spread the word. talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete