Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hi Ho To Town We Go

Good Morning/Afternoon or Evening one and all, A good night last night, woke a couple of times through the night but slept pretty well from 11.30 pm until 6.30 am, not a bad morning today, the temperature is around the 16 c mark and although they give sunny spells, at the moment it is quite cloudy and looks like we had some rain last night as the patio is very wet.


Off we go to the precinct
It is going to be a good day as I am going down to the city centre today in the wheel chair, pauline is coming to collect me at about 10.30, so that will be nice. we will probably park in the Matalan car park and spend a couple of hours around commercial road and then back to Asda at Fratton to do a small food shop. anyway pauline arrives, loads up the wheelchair and off we go. arriving at Matalan we park the car , get out the wheelchair and away we go into the precinct.

Barclays Commercial Road, Portsmouth

I have a few chores to do today starting with Barclays bank, I have a cheque to pay in so we join the Que, and wait patiently for the staff behind the counters to wake up and become aware that they have customers who would like to be served, At last the realization sets in that no matter how many people are waiting to be served the staff are in no hurry to stop the casual talk and actually serve the customers, so we end up waiting 30 min,s to be served and pauline won,t let me make sarcastic remarks about being kept waiting and the reason I wear "Tenna for Men" when going into Barclays.

Debenhams in the precinct
At last we are out of the Bank and next stop is Debenhams department store, I have a debenhams bill to pay and since they have upgraded the website I cannot gain access to pay it online as I used to do so have to pay it in Person,  Hopefully the lift is working as the pay desk is on the first floor, thankfully it is so that is ok. I was served by a very polite and pleasant young lady so paid the bill and now off back down to go to boots the chemist.



Boots the Chemist, Portsmouth
On the way to Boots I decide to stop off at Samuel's the jewelers to get a new Watch strap fitted to my watch, got served by a very good assistant and it was a good easy store to get around with the wheelchair. anyway off into Boots the Chemist, now this is not an easy store to get around in a wheelchair which I feel is strange as it is a large chemist store, anyway get what I want ( ref Barclays bank quote)  and then off over to Marks and Spencer,s  and the food dept.


Marks and Spencer,s, Portsmouth
The one thing I do enjoy is Marks and spencer, s food, Always have and always will, however I just need a couple of ready meals that I enjoy and that I can Puree down, No. 1 Is the haddock in a cheese sauce with a swede and carrot mashed potato and Cabbage, this meal puree,s down a treat, the secret with the cabbage is to add some butter to it before you puree it. and No.2 is there Roast pork ready meal with new potatoes, carrot and cabbage, again the pork slices are very well cooked and tender and it all puree,s down a treat, so get that and then decide we will go and get a coffee before heading off to Asda at fratton, cant believe we have been down here almost 2 hours.

Benjy's Commercial road
I always find it difficult trying to eat when out due to the Dysphagia, so try to have soup, anyway thought we would try Gregg,s for coffee and soup for me and coffee and Sausage roll for pauline ( Got to feed the old girl to keep her strength up LOL) anyway Surprise Surprise No soup, hats Ok I said I will have a large cookie, I can dunk that  "Oh Dear No cookies " not very helpful staff at all so try next door at Benjy,s not much better but at least they had cookies so that saved the day, very unhelpful staff  here as well despite the fact the notice in the window states that all staff are trained to assist disabled people, someone should tell the staff because I don,t think they know.

Oh well fed and watered we now make our way back to the car and off to Asda at fratton for a quick food shop, not a lot to get this week so decide that we will leave the wheelchair in the car and I will walk around with the trolley, we were only in there about 30 min,s and enjoyed the walk around, gets the joints working, so get what we want ad use the self service checkout to save waiting as I am starting to feel tired after this morning and it is getting on for 1.45 pm.

We get back home about 2.15 and have a well deserved coffee, pauline helps to unpack the shopping then makes her way home, I get some lunch and will now relax in the  chair for the rest of the afternoon , and my son Gervase will be round later for an hour or so for a chat so that will be nice. anyway thats about it for today so until tomorrow, Good Bye.








No comments:

Post a Comment