Thursday, September 1, 2011

Another Day, Another phone call.

good nights sleep ??
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening ( Depending where you live) and welcome to another exciting Myositis day. well again I had another relatively decent night, slept through from 12.00 midnight until 4.15 am and then again from 4.30 am until 6.45 am  I am putting the reason for these better nights down to the reduction in the Prednisolone. as I am now down to 15 mg daily from yesterday and to 10 mg daily from next Wednesday, the down side is that I find that my energy levels throughout the day are reduced.

Any way have a nice coffee and then get up at 8.00 am ready for the carer to come and get me groomed for the day ahead, as it happens the carer is running late late today and does not arrive until 9.20.

Anyway just as we are about to start so the phone rings and it is the Dietician from the hospital, now this is a surprise as I have not heard from her since I was released back home from the hospital.

The Phone Call

The Phone call
( Dietician) Hello Mr Smith , says the voice on the other end of the phone, It is  the Dietician here from the Queen Alexandra Hospital, just phoning to see how you are getting on, How long have you been home now.
"Surly they should know when I was sent home" ?
( Me ) Oh Hello, yes not doing to badly, still cant swallow so still on a puree diet, but there is some improvement.
(Dietician) That,s good are you still having trouble swallowing
( Me ) Yes, as I said there is some improvement, but still on a puree diet.
(Dietician)  It is some time since we last phoned you isn't it.
" They have never phoned me since leaving hospital "
(Me) This is the first time you have phoned since I left Hospital, spoke to Speech Therapist last week and being refered for another Barium Swallow to see how things are before starting any exercises.
( Dietician ) You seem to have dropped of our radar, anyway glad you are doing ok, have you put on any weight.
" by now she is getting on my nerves "
( Me ) yes I have put on about 1 stone since leaving Hospital.
(Dietician) Oh' thats good, well we wont call again we will leave it and if you have any problems then you can ring us.

Don't you just love the NHS Budget cuts

Wel that was a turn up for the books, anyway, got groomed ready for the day ahead, Pauline phones to say she will be round about 11.00 am and we will go over to B&Q to look at the carpet tiles for my lounge and Hall, and Vinyl for the kitchen floor decide to get changed and wait outside in the sun for pauline, so go outside about 10.45 and pauline arrives just after 11.00.

We decide that pauline will push me over to B&Q in the wheelchair so off we go to B&Q. Have a look at the tiles and Vinyl and see some of my old work mates,  decide to have a coffee and a cookie for me and Sausage roll for Pauline. What the Heck, £1.80 for a cup of coffee, Should have gone to Homebase LOL, Anyway made a nice change and enjoyed seeing everyone, decided that I would give pauline a rest so I walked back home ( all be it slowly ) but it is getting easier bit by bit, stopped at Tesco and got some Strawberry's and cream for tonight and then home,  Pauline makes her way back to her place, and I decide to get some lunch as it is 1.00 pm, and then a rest this afternoon ready for my son,s visit this evening. so all in all another decent day. see you all tomorrow, Tatty Bye everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment