Monday, September 19, 2011

Another Milestone Reached.

Hello everyone and here we are again with another week beginning, as usual today is Folic acid day, so must remember to take that along with the other med,s. Had a decent night,s sleep again last night, hopefully this will carry on as I have a feeling it is because I am down to a lower dose of Prednisolone,

Anyway thats my theory. only woke up once between 11.00 pm and 7.15 am, and then went straight back to sleep after going to the loo, so a good 8 hours sleep,

Well I think a coffee and Breakfast is in order and then get prepared for the carer. The carer will get here about 8.30 - 8.45 and then I will have my face washed and hair combed, and then be ready for the day, I will be glad when I can reach my face and head as it is the only part of my person that I can't wash, ( the trouble is I cant raise my right arm above my shoulder and my left arm above my head) still it is getting better but very slowly so as Pauline say's I must have patience.


Another  Milestone has been Reached .

As most of you know, along with Dermatomyositis which was diagnosed in May, this year I also have a twisted stomach ( cup and Spill Stomach) and also Dysphagia. While I was in Hospital in April/May I was being fed by a gastronasal tube. since I came home at the end of may I have been on a Puree diet and have been pureeing all my meals , however after managing the cottage pie at the pub yesterday I decided today that I would try a meal without blending it down, so I had a (Asda Steak and Kidney with Mash potato)  ready meal, I did some extra gravy and although the steak was not the tenderest I made sure I cut it up small and chewed it well and although it took longer than normal i managed to eat it all, so after 5/6 months I have eaten a meal with a knife and fork instead of a spoon. Still a long way to go but at least another milestone achieved.

Have also been looking at an old photo of my Son Gervase with his cousins taken in 1991/92 and then comparing it with one taken at his wedding reception in 2009 where has the time gone. wel thats it for today so until tomorrow, good bye.
The Family

No comments:

Post a Comment