Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Autumn Arrives

Think I will stay in Bed
So that is summer over with then, and Autumn is settling in, time to get out the thermal underwear, and find those winter jumpers in the back of the wardrobe. Woke this morning after a half decent nights sleep to the sound of the wind howling up the side of the house, and the rain lashing on the back door. Oh well time to make a coffee and get ready for the carer and then see what to do today, not a very exciting day in store today.




A Happy Doctor
Anyway have a nice coffee and then up for the carer who comes at 8.30 today, she gets me groomed ready for the day so it is now time to get some breakfast  and then phone the doctors surgery to see about the high white blood count that was mentioned yesterday.

Phoned the doctor at 9.30 and there is not a problem, it was that the blood test results from last week showed that the white blood count was high, but it was lower than it has been so Dr is not concerned so all is OK, it is as suspected due to the prednisolone as usual. Again checked with the Dr and we are going to reduce Prednisolone down to 15 mg daily from tomorrow and see how it goes this time.

One of my earlier books
The weather is not really very nice today so can,t even get out for my daily walk around to Tesco, so looks like it will be doing the daily paper crossword and sudoku on line today.
Many people ask how I spend my time, now that I am not as active as I used to be, so I will take this opportunity to briefly run over how I spend my days at home while I am bringing this disease under control, I am a avid genealogist and spend several hours a week researching my family tree, I am in the process of writing another book on our family history to supplement the 6 books I have already written.  I am also in the process of compiling DVD number 6 as well,

When I am not working on the family history research I Am working on this daily Blog, " Living with Dermatomyositis" it is my way of coping  with the disease and letting friends and family know how I am coping with life, I am also aware that there are many people reading this who have Autoimmune diseases and find it helps them to see how other people cope with it, it also highlights the comical side of life  and the frustration of trying to get through to the people and organisations who have no idea about Autoimmune Disease and how it affects people.

One other thing that takes up a lot of my time is compiling the two websites that I am working on, both these websites have come about since I have been diagnosed with Dermatomyositis. The first website is "Myositis in Focus" I started this website in the hope that it would help others in finding out about Myositis, when I was first diagnosed, I had no idea what it was all about and found that others knew even less, so I resolved to research and put all the relevant info I could find into an easy to use website and have it all in one place, this is a mammoth task and will be a continuing work in progress

The second website is PO4Online. This website was started after I found that the city I had lived in since 1977 was not very "Disabled Friendly", something that I could only see once I was in that position, so with time on my hands I decided to try and get a portal up and running where the residents and visitors to Portsmouth could find the best places to go to if they were mobility impaired, again how successful this will be I don,t know but again I gives me a goal to aim for to help other people.



Well there you are folks all the above along with facebook keep me busy when I am at home and I also enjoy it, I am off to my sons tonight for a couple of hours so an early dinner tonight, hope todays post has not bored you silly and normal stupidity will return tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment