Thursday, September 8, 2011

Down Town.

Coffee time
Hello one and all, so another day dawns and again the weather is crap, at the moment it is raining and very windy, just hope it clears up a bit later on as I am supposed to be going "Down Town" with Pauline later on this morning,  but at least I had a fairly decent nights sleep so will get a coffee made and drunk and then ready for the carer.

A Good Wash in the morning
The Carer turns up as usual about 8. 30 and gets me groomed ready for the day, hopefully it won't be much longer before I can manage on my own with the face washing and hair combing as I am starting to be able  to reach higher with my right arm, and getting more mobility in it, Not there completely yet but getting their.


Matalan, Portsmouth
The Weather seem,s to be getting a little brighter so I phone Pauline and as long as the weather is OK we will be going down to Commercial road about 10 30 so as it is now 9.30 I need to go and get dressed and work out what needs to be done when we get "Down Town".
Pauline arrives at 10.30 so we get the "New" wheel chair into the car, and off we go and decide to park in Matalan Car park and get into the shopping precinct from there.


Bank Service
This new wheelchair is a bonus, at least I can manouver around with a bit more ease, which means a little more independence. Not sure pauline see,s it like that, as she keeps loosing me. LOL anyway first stop Barclays Bank, thank goodness it is not as busy as last time and the service is a bit better this time round anyway get the business done and off to Marks and Spencers

Get a couple of ready meals that I can puree down and then of to greggs for a soup for me and a coffee and Sausage roll for Pauline, at least this week they have soup so that is a bonus, things are looking up today, we sit outside watching the world go by, until we realise that it is now 12.10 and the car park ticket runs out at 12.45, and we have to do a shop in Matalan , so make our way to matalan and get a couple of pairs of Joggers  for me and a Cardigan, I have found it is difficult to pull things like jumpers and sport/casual shirts over my head with the limited mobility I have in my arms at present so use button up shirts and cardigans now that the weather is starting to get cooler. anyway shopping all done so off home now for a decent coffee and a rest.

That was an enjoyable couple of hours out with the wheelchair, I enjoyed that and chatting with Pauline, also got a card for Pauline,s chap "Gordon" he will be 65 on Sat.  anyway of for a lie down now for 30 min,s before getting dinner ready so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment