Friday, September 30, 2011

Interesting Friday.

Hello and good morning one and all, so here we are another Friday, but not any Friday, This is the last Friday in the month, It is also Methotrexate day but most importantly, it is my Adult Social care Assessment day, "" Whoopeeeeee"" and also there are only 85 days left to Christmas.

Where is the Carer.
Had A good night last night woke a couple of times but got back off to sleep straight away and slept right through from 2.00 am until 7.30 am so that was good, had Methotrexate at 7.30 so the reaction to that should be over by 1.30 pm so now for breakfast , it is 9.00 am and the carer has not yet been, my regular carer amanda is on holiday so it will be someone new today, so hope they get here soon or I will have to get dressed and tell them to forget it as I have things to do and can,t sit here all day in my pyjama,s waiting for the carer.

The weather is going to be hot again today, so that means the breathing will be laboured again as the humidity rises.

The replacement Carer Arrives


It is now 10.40 am and the carer has just arrived, it is halfway through the morning and I have things to do ready for my assessment this afternoon, but I am not paying for this adult care so can't really complain if they are a bit late arriving. The Methotrexate is not having such a bad effect on me today so the system must be adapting to it, so that is a relief, however  must now get on and get round to Tesco for some milk and a paper and then get the washing up done from breakfast and then it will be time for lunch. Oh what a busy life we lead. The new carer seems pleasant enough but she can talk the hind leg off a donkey, still better than a grumpy carer I suppose.

Eileen and Chris
Ok so here we are at 12.00. Had a stroll round to Tesco express to get some milk then back home and settled down to sort some paperwork out ready for my Assessment this afternoon, My Sister eileen and her friend Chris are coming down this afternoon as I need someone here with me during the assessment to take notes.
Anyway time to get some lunch, I got a (Gammon in Parsley sauce with Carrot and Potato) Mini meal from Marks and Spencer yesterday so will puree that down and have that today with some Chicken soup, should go down a treat.

It is now 12.50, have had lunch and very tasty it was to, just had a phone call from Portsmouth City Council finance team to say that they will be round in a couple of weeks to carry out a financial assessment, to see what if any financial help I am entitled to for my care package, ( The care package assessment is what will be happening this afternoon) so at last things are starting to move, so more fun and games trying to explain Dermatomyositis to health care personal. anyway time to have a change of clothes ready for the visit of the assessment team

Eileen and Chris exhibition of art work.
Well that was a waste of time, it is now 4.45 and I am still wondering what we achieved at this assessment , I think the answer was "Not A Lot " the girl came on her own stayed about 34 to 40 min,s and spent most of that time totally immersed in talking about, the help offered by AgeUK, Salvation Army and St Johns, so in my opinion a waste of time,  The one clear cut thing that came out of it was that I am the only person on there books in Portsmouth with Myositis.

Eileen and chris were running late as they were held up setting up there exhibition so arrived Just as the Girl from Adult social care was leaving, so a waste of a journey for them, but they stayed and had a cup of coffee and a chat so that was nice.

It is now 4.55 so will need to think about getting dinner and then a relaxing evening in front of the TV with the occasional trip onto facebook, and trying to make sense of todays assessment visit. so will pop off now for a quick nap so until tomorrow tatty bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment