Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It is all happening today

On Facebook again.
Hello there one and all so here we are at the start of a hectic few hours on this warm and sunny Tuesday, so much to do and so little energy to do it with, ( and so the story goes), anyway not a very good night last night, was waking every 90 minutes and then going back to sleep this went on from about 10.45 until 3.30 am and then I slept through until 6.30,  but I was then wide awake, so made a coffee and then got up and went on to the computer and facebook ( what a boring life I lead )  Stayed on Facebook for an hour then got some breakfast at 7.45,  after breakfast and several coffee,s I decided to get ready for the carer, she will be here about 8.30 to get me washed and groomed and then I will be getting a visit from the speech therapist at 9.00 am regarding my Dysphagia, so better get a move on .

one happy carer
Carer arrives and gets me groomed and then I get dressed, ( collar and tie today) ready for the speech therapist, hopefully she will be on time as Pauline will be round at 10.00 to take me to the Eastney Health Centre for my Fortnightly blood test.

Just as the carer leaves there is a knock on the door and the Speech therapist is here, spot on 9.00 am,  it is a few weeks since I last saw her and still not got the appointment through for the Barium Swallow, so she is going to chase that up for me, so that we can see what if any exercises we can do to help with the swallowing although, there is improvement which she is pleased about.
Speech Therapist exercices
I tell her I am having one " Non puree day every week " she thinks that is a good idea, as long as I know my limitations, however we go through a few exercises that I can carry out at home and so she leaves at 9.45 so now I can get sorted ready for pauline at 10.00. ( God I am knackered already )

Anyway Pauline arrives at 10.05 and we get the wheelchair into the car as we are going first to give Blood for the Blood test at Eastney Health Centre, ( must remember to confirm appointment for the Flue Jab and also the next Blood test, and also hand in repeat prescription for collection on Thursday) After the health Centre we are off to B& Q to get a light tube for the Kitchen light and then on to Asda at Fratton for the weekly shop.


Well we get the Light tube at B& Q and then head to Asda at Fratton, the traffic is heavy today and it is very warm in the car, this heat and sunlight does not do my rash on my hands any good at all, anyway get to Asda and the first ticket machine is not working so that is a good start, find one that work,s pauline has got the wheelchair out of the car, so of we go into Asda to get the shopping done. , I walked round B&Q and that did me in so am glad of the wheelchair, just wish that other shoppers would be a little more tolerant of people in wheelchairs, also the amount of cages with stock in around the aisle,s makes it difficult to negotiate.Anyway we get the shopping done 'Eventually' and make our way back to the car park and then home.

Well we get back home and have a well deserved coffee and then Pauline makes her way home. so a good day but tiring but got a lot done,  At 4.00 pm I receive a phone call from Portsmouth adult social care to say that they are coming round on Friday to carry out an assessment of my need,s, to be quite honest I had all but given up on them however if they put something in place at the speed it took them to come out to do an assessment, then it should all be sorted sometime soon after next years olympics.

Well that is about it for today so until tomorrow, tatty bye




No comments:

Post a Comment