Friday, September 9, 2011

It's a Good Day

Ahhh Coffee
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening to you all, and do we Know what today is, Yes Its Friday, And what is Friday ? (Answers on a postcard please)  Friday is Methotrexate day, and for me that means a few hours of feeling really crap. anyway Awake early today at 6.30 am, so take the Methotrexate and then get back to sleep for an hour, wake again at 7.30 am, yes Feeling like crap so get a coffee and then up ready for the carer.

The Carer arrives at 8.30 so that is OK, so get,s me groomed and ready for the day,although don,t feel like doing much today, so take the rest of my Med,s have breakfast and settle down with the computer,

Tesco Express

Decide at 10.30 am to go and have a lie down, trouble is I fell asleep until 12.30, but awake now and feel a lot better so need to take a walk round to Tesco Express and get some Milk., while I am round there I get some butter and a small pot of Pate, think I will try something different for lunch today, decide to walk home on the longer route, funny how 90 min,s of sleep can make all the difference.



The Long Route
However I walk back home on the longer route, glad I have the walking stick with me, as about 200 yards from home I feel that I have just about done enough, maybe it was a bit ambitious but I need to test myself every so often and really, apart from the leg muscle,s aching and feeling tired it has not been to bad, bearing in mind I am also tapering my Prednisolone down and I am now on 15 mg a day ( was on 30 mg a day beginning of August ) and Consultant did say I would suffer energy loss and Increase Joint pain as we taper down.



Asda Crispbread
Now back home and time for lunch, since I have been home from Hospital ( 25th May) I have been on a Puree Diet because of the Dysphagia and the cup & Spill Stomach, I have in that time managed to eat biscuits with Coffee so today for lunch, the blender can stay in the cupboard, the soup can stay in the tin,s and I am going to try Asda Crisp bread,s with butter and Pate. Now I do not know at this stage if it will work or not but I am going to give it a try, I have managed the Crisp breads with soup, so now the ultimate test.



Well success, that worked pretty well, I have just eaten 4 Asda crisp bread's spread with butter and Pate, and also a Kit Kat, I am so pleased about that the first non puree lunch since I was diagnosed at te beginning of May this year, so Myositis 0 Frank 1.


It looks like items that are crispy like biscuit and  Crispbread are easier to swallow than, softer items like cake and bread, so will have to speak to the Speech Therapist about this and look to see what other items are around that I can try, I have also mashed my Vegetable, ie Carrot, Swede,Broccoli and Cauliflower the last couple of days rather than pureeing them, gives a bit more texture, harder to swallow, but OK if plenty of gravy to help it down.

So all in all a crap day actually turned into a good positive day so until tomorrow, cheerio.

No comments:

Post a Comment