Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So far so good.

Hi to everyone hope you are all having one of your better days today, well didn't get to bed until turned 1.00 am this  morning but slept pretty well only woke once during the night and woke at 7.45 so a decent night,

Now you may ask "Why " did frankie not go to bed until after 1.00 am ?  " What was he up to.  Was he out and up to no good, not very likely, to old for all that , can,t run away fast enough





Could he be out on a hot date ? That again is very unlikely as I have forgotten what to do anyway with my energy levels I would probably fall asleep trying to work out what to do,





No the truth was I went round and spent a very nice evening with my Son Gervase and his lovely wife Leanne, at there house in Southsea, Had a really great evening, also Leanne,s dad (Dave) was there and so we had a good chat, Always used to go round every tuesday until this disease took over, however last night, just for a few hours it was like the Dermatomyositis does not  exist, so hopefully we can make this a regular event again like it used to be. and start to get a little bit of  normality back into my life, as the saying goes " From Little acorns............ "

As those of you who read this blog on a regular basis, I am tapering my Prednisolone down, and last Wednesday went from 20 mg daily down to 15 mg daily, trouble was I lost a lot of energy and felt very lethargic, phoned my GP on the Thursday and she thought that the problem was that we were tapering of to quickly and wrote a prescription for some 1 mg Pred and said to go back to 17 or 18 mg daily and see how that went and then reduce to 15 mg daily from  today, well that seemed to work, and so far today I am doing OK on the 15.mg so next wednesday will drop to 13 mg daily and the Wednesday after to 10 mg daily which is where my Neurologist want,s to get it to. We are staying at 15 mg of Methotrexate weekly.

Don't like this weather we are having at the moment, it is very changeable, one minute the sun is out, the next it is raining, s looks like the decision to stay in today was a good one, and as it happens it is a good thing that I did, as about 3.30 this afternoon there was a knock on the door and my new wheelchair was delivered. so now I will have a bit more freedom to get out and about to the local shops, when I came out of hospital I had a wheelchair on loan from the Red Cross, but it was one that had to be pushed, the one delivered today from the NHS has the large wheels so I can propel myself around to a certain extent and it will make me use my arm muscles, just need to make sure I don't push myself to hard to start with.

Well thats about it for today, Tomorrow it will be down to the shopping centre with Pauline for a couple of hours so it is time to get dinner sorted for this evening and then a few hours of TV and facebook. so until tomorrow, Adios Amigo,s

No comments:

Post a Comment