Thursday, October 13, 2011

Another Day of Fun.

Kicking and screaming I was taken through the main doors of a large imposing building, why oh why was this happening to me, do I not suffer enough from this autoimmune disease, suddenly I was taken into what can only be described as a "claustrophobic tunnel" there seemed to me to be an endless  stream of flashing lights of all colour,s, through the haze that surrounded me I could see small creatures darting to and fro across my path, where was I being taken, I looked around for help but no one was to be seen, all the time the person that was leading me through this maze of lights was mumbling in what seemed to me to be an alien language, suddenly we emerged from the narrow, tunnel into what seemed like a wide carriage-way.
There were many people around here all moving in a variety of directions, driving very weird looking vehicles, stopping, starting, bumping into each other, it seemed like utter chaos, suddenly I was approached by a tall slim looking person, he looked at me with a gleam in his eye,s  and in a crackly voice said " Follow me please and we will get you sorted ", What did he mean, what was to become of me, before I knew what was happening I was led into another narrow aisle, at this point I began to fear for my life, where was I, What was this place, would I ever see my friend,s and family again , all of a sudden, I was approached by what appeared to be a kindly lady, she reached up and took a small package out of an alcove in the side of the tunnel, holding the package she turned and said in a kindly voice.

"Here we go then Frank, these are the light bulbs you want".
exciting life I lead, don't you think LOL

Needed to go over to B&Q today to get some light bulbs as I had two blow  in the lounge this morning and I need Gervase to replace them when he comes in to see me this evening.  got accosted by a greeter when I got to B&Q who insisted on taking me to the Electrical department ( I worked here for 6 years) anyway it was absolute chaos as they are getting all the christmas lights etc set up in the aisle,s ready for the christmas trading period, still saw lee and sue , got the light bulbs so that was ok.

Anyway enough of this tomfoolery, I had another good night,s last night, slept through from 11.30 until 6.30 so a good 7 hours interrupted sleep and feeling pretty good today, so get a coffee and watch the news on TV for an hour and then up and ready for the carer at 8.30, and hopefully I will hear from the district nurses today sometime. The carer arrives at 8.20 today so that is OK she gets me washed and groomed and puts the lotion on my legs and feet as they are getting quite dry since I have tapered down on the Prednisolone, anyway all groomed and ready for the day so now for some breakfast.

Misty taking Pauline
 for a walk
Well thats breakfast over with so roll on lunch time, anyway Pauline phones to say she will be round about 11.00 and we can then go over to B&Q to get the light bulbs ready for gervase to replace this evening when he pops in to see me. Pauline also decides to bring "Misty" with her, a black labrador so that is ok anyway they arrive at about 10.45, so we get out the wheel chair and head off over to B&Q to get the light bulbs ( see paragraph one ) I see lee and Sue over there in the Electrical dept and also see a couple of others, Angie from Decor and Denny on the front end, anyway Pauline, Misty and I head back home with the light bulbs.

We get back home "Eventually", and I make a coffee while Pauline very kindly sews some buttons on to a couple of shirts for me, I also phone the District nurses again as no sign of anyone contacting me yet, and I need to get my Toe looked at.

Pauline makes her way home at 1.00 pm it was nice to see Misty, a very friendly Dog,  At 2.00 pm I get my med,s and some lunch and at 2.30 there is a knock on the door and it is the district nurses turned up to look at my toe. as I suspected it is ti do with the Dermatomyositis and the tapering of the Prednisolone, however they are referring me to a Podiatrist to get my toe nails cut and to get the carer to apply the cream to my feet every morning and to keep an eye on it and they will be round next week to have another look at it to make sure all is ok


Well that was another exciting Myositis day, feeling a little tired now so will have a quick nap and then think about getting dinner about 5.00 as gervase will be in to see me at about 6.30 and we have to get the paperwork ready for my financial assessment tomorrow at 9.30 by the Adult social care to see if they are going to carry on covering the cost of my carer or if I have to pay for all or part of it, gervase will be here with me as my financial adviser as he works in the banking industry and has the right qualifications, so until tomorrows posting I will say tatty bye to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment