Monday, October 10, 2011

Dehydration Rules OK

3.30 in the morning.
Well who would have thought it, as usual it is my fault ( Nothing ever changes there). I phoned the doctor today ref my not feeling well on Sat/Sun, and she phoned me back within 30 mins and after a long consultation and many questions she said that she was not concerned at this point in time and that from my description and symptoms she was convinced it was caused by dehydration due to lack of fluid intake,  This does make sense as I have not been taking any fluids after 7.30 in the evening as I was trying to stop this having to get up during the night for a pee, That worked but as the GP pointed out I was then going about 12 hours without any liquids and that I had to up my Fluid intake so, it looks like water or fruit juice throughout the evening and a pee during the night, Oh well, live and learn.

Anyway had a really good nights sleep last night, but that probably won't happen again for a while if I have to drink more fluids during the evening but to be honest the Doctor is probably right, however my regular carer Amanda is back today ( Thank Goodness) so she will be here about 8-30 so need to get my butt into gear and get some breakfast ready before she arrives to wash and groom me .

Well Amanda the carer has been and gone, just had a phone call from Pauline to say she has taken the car into the garage for its M.O.T which is due today and as it is on the industrial estate where B&Q is (just over the road from me) she will pop in for an hour or so so will need to get the kettle on for the "Old Gal" to make her coffee or I will be in deep poop. anyway pauline arrives and we have a coffee and while she is here that is when the Doctor phones back ( See opening Paragraph).  Anyway the car will take about an hour or so to go through its M.O.T ( for our world wide friends that is the Ministry Of Transport test of road worthiness and is a yearly requirement for cars over 3 years old.)

The time is now 10.30 and me and Pauline have spent an hour or so sorting out some of my old card making bits and pieces for the Alzheimer's Society in Salisbury. Pauline phones the garage and her car has passed the MOT and is ready for collection so Pauline leaves to collect the car and head back home.
While Pauline was here she went round to Tesco and got me some Milk and Coffee and a tin of soup for lunch, so as it is now 1.00 pm I will get some lunch done and then get settled on the computer for a couple of hours, I really do not know where the time goes these days.


Well Had some Chicken soup with a crisp bread for lunch and also a custard desert, also have been drinking more ( Like a good boy) so hopefully will get more fluid into my system, I also need to go round to Tesco to get some fruit juice for this evening until I can buy a bigger quantity in Asda tomorrow when Pauline takes me shopping,
Also have to go for my blood test tomorrow this will be the last fortnightly blood test as we now go on to Monthly Blood test,s. I seem to be handling the tapering of the Prednisolone with very little problem apart from my skin seems to be getting dry patches on the hand,s and I need to put more lotion on them, it seemed to disappear when I was on High doses of Prednisolone but seems to be coming back anyway Doctor has been informed so will monitor it. at the surgery.

Well that is about it for my exciting day so off over to Tesco and then back to do more research on the family history so until tomorrow Adios my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment