Friday, October 14, 2011

Financial Friday

Watching TV in Bed
Yippeee they all shouted with glee, "Frank has not started with any stupid stories today" well make the most of it folks because the stories will be back, its just that I am having a moment of sanity today. Well another good nights sleep, went to bed about 10.30 last night and slept through until 5.30 this morning, so a good 7 hours of un-interrupted snoozing. anyway stayed in bed with a coffee watching the news on TV until 8.00 when I got up ready for the carer at 8.30.

Amanda, my happy carer.
Just got up and into the lounge when there is a knock on the front door and it is Amanda the carer, she has arrived early today as it is only 8.15, still that is not a problem so she gets my face and neck washed and then puts the lotion on my dry legs and also on my feet, I need to keep an eye on the big toe on my left foot in case there is an infection there, but it is looking better than yesterday so perhaps the district nurses were right and it was just that it had got very dry, hopefully it may make a difference when I get my feet treated by the chiropodist.



Gervase.
Now that Amanda has gone it is time to get some breakfast and then get myself changed and ready for the lady from Portsmouth City Council ( PCC) social services who is coming to do a financial Assessment for my social care,
Get breakfast done and my son Gervase phones to say he is on his way round, as he is going to be here with me for the assessment so that is ok.


At 9.20 the lady from PCC arrives  and Gervase arrives a couple of minutes later, the assessment takes about an hour to do and was straight forward which makes a change, gervase makes a couple of points but the outcome of my financial assessment is that I will need to contribute £12.31 a week towards my social care package, and if my care needs increase/decrease in the future the maximum I would be required to contribute would be the £12.31 per week and this will be billed to me by Social services on a monthly basis. So very pleased with the outcome.

Well that was an interesting morning, It is now getting on for 1.00 so think I will get an early lunch today and then have a short nap as I was awake early and also today is Methotrexate day, although I don't get the yukee feeling that I used to when I take them now but still feel lethargic on a friday. anyway have some crispbread and pate followed by some soup and then off to bed for an hour or so.
It is now 3.00 pm , had a lie down for an hour but didn't get to sleep, anyway need to get round to Tesco for some bottles of Juice and then get this blog posting finished. and then an evening of TV and Facebook, what a lovely life we lead, so until tomorrow Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment