Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Half term Mayhem

OK so it is 6.30 and I have just woken after a fairly decent nights sleep, Looked out the window and the sun is rising so looks like it may be a fairly decent day, Weather wise today, although the weather forecast on the TV News predicts showers for today

Pauline and Shopping list
Anyway go and get a Coffee made and then settle back down in bed until 8.00 o-clock and then get up ready for when the carer comes. Amanda gets here as usual at 8.30 so gets my face and neck washed and groomed, and now I am all ready for the day ahead. Pauline will be round later to take me down to Asda to do the weekly shop.

Pauline phones at 9.00 to say she is running late this morning and will be leaving home about 10.30 and that on the way here she will go into the doctors to collect my Prescription and take it in to the chemist so that they can deliver it tomorrow or Thursday.


Asda at Fratton
However Pauline gets here about 10. 50 so I phone for a taxi and then we get the wheelchair outside ready just as the taxi arrives to take us to Asda.

Halloween Pumpkin.

We get to Asda and it is absolutely over run with mothers and Children, I forgot it is half term week this week and everyone seems to have gone to Asda today to get their Pumpkins ready for Halloween Party,s this coming weekend, and halloween on Monday.

We made it round the store OK
However we get into the store and the chaos is carrying on inside the store with screaming kids and Irate mothers pushing trolleys around piled high with Pumpkins and BBQ supplies ( Hope the weather stays dry for them) and also loads of Halloween costumes, these stores certainly know how to get the money off the paying public, anyway we make it round the store in a haphazard sort of way and get to the checkout and pay for our shopping and then get outside to phone the taxi to get us back home.



Taxi arrives to take us plus the wheelchair and shopping back home so all in all a very hectic shopping trip today, must make a note to steer clear of Asda on the week leading up to christmas.

Well back home safe and sound but exhausted so now to make a coffee and then get some lunch, we have a coffee and Pauline makes her way back home, I have my lunch and then settle down with the TV and the laptop when the Phone rings and it is the Home care company. I said yesterday that I rang them because Amanda is away thursday and friday, anyway they have phoned me back to say would it be OK for the carer to come on Thursday and Friday at 7.45. so that is OK for me so " Sorted "

In the shower.
Well it is now 4.15 and I need to think about getting an early dinner tonight as I am going round to see gervase and Leanne tonight, Earlier than usual as I am going to have a nice hot shower round there. looking forward to that it will make a change from strip washes.

Well I will get dinner at 5.30 tonight I have a nice Haddock in Cheese sauce with Mash Potato and Savoy Cabbage  M&S Ready meal so A nice soft meal that will go down a treat, will blend the Cabbage and the Fish and make extra cheese sauce. so until tomorrow I will say Cheerio and remember (it is only 2 Months to Christmas day from Today)


No comments:

Post a Comment