Monday, October 24, 2011

A hectic Monday as Monday,s go

Hello and good morning one and all, well that was a hectic weekend I must say, thank goodness that I don't seem to have any adverse effects apart from a few aching leg and hip muscles and joints, but then again that is nothing new.
Not a bad nights sleep last night  ( Think I probably wore myself out yesterday) anyway woke about 6.45 this morning so got a coffee as usual and then watched the news in bed until 8.00 when I get up ready for the carer.

Amanda arrives as usual about 8.30, and is her usual cheerful self, anyway she gets me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, she also tells me she is away Thursday and Friday so I will need to phone the care agency and let them know that I want the carer round between 8.00 and 9.00 on Thursday and Friday not 11.00 or later as is normal when Amanda is away.

Well I phoned the care agency and spoke to some one there who said that they could not promise that they could get anyone here earlier than 11.00, to which I replied that I was paying them to supply a service to me and that if they could not meet their obligations then I would contact Adult Social services and ask them to find a care agency who could,  anyway she then said that would not be necessary and that they would make sure a carer was here for 8.30 on Thursday and Friday just as Amanda is. ( I bet they hate me down there, its all those years of trade unions and H&S committee,s )


Anyway amanda left at 8.45 so at 9.00 I get some breakfast, Scrambled Egg and Crisp breads today which made a change and then on to the computer for an hour or so, good old facebook, catch up on what everyone has been up to and then a quick walk round to tesco for some milk. Wont be doing much today as I will be resting in front of the TV as it was a busy weekend and tomorrow I will be going down Asda with pauline in the morning and round to my son Gervase in the evening. anyway just about to get ready to go to tesco, when there is a knock on the front door and it is the District Nurse community matron Helen.

Well this is a surprise, however it is just a courtesy call to see how I am as I called in the district nurses week before last because of my toe getting inflamed, while she is here she has a chat with me and takes my blood pressure, Blood sugar levels, checks my chest and heart and gives me a general  check and all is ok and readings are normal, chest is clear and the heart is beating ( I think) so anyway she said she will see me in a couple of month,s and off she goes.

So now I can get round to Tesco for the milk and then get some Lunch ( Tomato soup again today with a couple of crisp bread with Cream cheese ) just like yesterday ""It must be Groundhog day ""

Well it is now 2.15 and I am running late so now to get some lunch before my son Gervase pops round to see me this afternoon for an Hour, he is on two weeks holiday from work so he said he will come round this afternoon.

It is now 4.00 pm. I enjoyed my lunch and watched a repeat of Heartbeat on ITV3, so now it is time to get this posting up on my blog before Gervase comes Round then it will be watching Pointless on BBC 1 at 5.15 and getting dinner ready at 6.00 before an evening of TV with the soaps until 9.00 and then Doc Martin, so there we go another Myositis day goes by, anyway will get this up on the blog so until tomorrow I will say Ta Ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment