Sunday, October 16, 2011

Its Celebration Time.

A Musical Morning.
Good morning one and all and welcome to another Sunny Sunday, another decent nights sleep last night, but at least did not stay in bed and oversleep today, got to bed at 11.00 pm last night, watched a bit of TV but was asleep by 11.45, woke at 3.00 and then again 6.30 so that was OK , watched a bit of the morning news and had breakfast and coffee in bed and got up about 8.45.

The Carer comes at 9.30 today so that is OK, so now it is time for a coffee and then start to get myself ready for todays great adventure.

Osborne view pub restaurant
It is my Brothers Mother-in-law,s 90th Birthday today and he has booked a table over at the Osborne view pub restaurant for lunch at 1.00 pm and has invited the family over as a surprise for "Masie", This is quite an event for me as it will be the furthest I have been since Diagnosed with Dermatomyositis and Dysphagia, I phoned the hotel and explained my swallowing problems and they were very good and will supply a home made "smooth soup" for me as I am still on a puree diet, anyway my son Gervase is Going to take me over in his car so that will be OK.

Southsea to Hill Head.
The Osborne is situated at Hill Head which is near fareham , it gets its name from the view it has across the solent of Osborne House, the Isle of Wight home of Queen Victoria. anyway it is about 14 miles to hill head so it will be an interesting day, however I am looking forward to seeing all the family together so that will be nice, but I expect it will be an exhausting day for me, Gervase is going to pick me up about 11.45. It is now 10.15 so a coffee and then start to get ready, it takes me about an hour now to get myself shaved and dressed.

Birthday Girl Maisie
OK so gervase arrives at 11.15, and we have a chat and a coffee and then decide at 11.45 to make a move and drive over to Hill Head, my sister Eileen is getting there for 12.30 to put up a couple of banners and balloons for Maisie, so we can meet up with her over there, anyway it is not a bad drive over apart from one point in Newgate lane when we got held up in some traffic, anyway arrive at the Osborne view pub about 12.40 Eileen has jut arrived with her daughter Jodie and friend Chris so make our way over to the restaurant and find our table and get the banner and balloons put up. Eileen,s son Arron and his wife Sarah arrive about 1.00 pm and pat arrives with his wife Maz,  about 1.20 along with Masie and his daughters Melanie and Holly so everyone is here there are 12 of  us here so that is good.


Me with My lovely Soup.
Well the afternoon went really well I had a nice home made Tomato and Basil soup and also devoured a Banoffee desert, even managing to eat most of the Banana as well, however i am now feeling rather tired as we have just got home and it is just gone 5.00 pm so that is a good 5.25 hours out today, the most I have managed since I was diagnosed in May, so that must be progress with a capital "P", it was really great to be able to sit at a table with family and eat out, away from home but now I think I will try and get a bit of a nap, so that I am awake for Downton Abbey at 9.00 p tonight on TV, cant miss that. so hopefully the photo,s will go up on Facebook soon so until tomorrow I will say it has been a really great day so tatty bye .

No comments:

Post a Comment