Thursday, October 20, 2011

Misbehaving Thursday

Emile Ford.
♬♫♩♭ What do you want to make those eyes at me for ♭♬♫
♫♬♬♭ If they don't mean what they say ♫♪♪♪♬
And so sung Emile Ford on the radio this morning as I woke up at 7.30, The sun was shining the sky was blue and I was bloody freezing,  anyway that song was one of my favorite,s in those heady days of 1959. there I was a 16 year old teddy boy, those were the Days oh well put Nostalgia to one side and come back to reality, time for a coffee before Amanda the carer turns up.

Amanda in a panic
As Usual Amanda turns up at 8.30, always on time and ready to get my face washed and hair combed and also to put the lotion on my legs and feet as the skin is getting very dry and flakey, as is the skin on my hands, this seems to have re-appeared since I got down to the 10 mg of Prednisolone daily, will have to have a word with my Neurologist about it when I see him on the 9th November, and maybe see a dermatologist about it. anyway Amanda is in a panic today as she has a new patient who is a bit of a "moaner" and is quite nasty to her at times if she is a bit late turning up so she finishes with me and rushes of.

Commercial road precinct
So now to get a quick breakfast, Porridge today I think and then get ready for going down to Portsmouth City centre to have a look around the shops,  Pauline phoned to say she is running late today and will be round about 11.00 0,clock anyway that is not a problem as we will get a taxi down to the town centre, as it is easier for the taxi driver to get the wheelchair into his cab than it is for Pauline to get it into her car, anyway true to her word Pauline arrives at about 11.00, and she has brought my laundry with her, so I phone for the Taxi from City Wide and they arrive within 5 mins so get the wheelchair into the Taxi and off we go.

M&S Teggings
The Taxi drops us off behind Boots the Chemist in the Town centre, so it is only a 100 yard,s to the precinct. I need to go to Marks and Spencer, s and to Boots the Chemist and Pauline needs to go to Wilkinson,s so Marks and Spencer first, while we are in there Pauline decides to look for a pair of Leggings, Now this is where I get totally lost, There are leggings, Jeggings and Teggings, what is the world coming to, Leggings are leggings, Jeggings are leggings that look like jeans, and teggings are leggings that look like trousers, "I Give up"
Anyway she gets her "Teggings" LOL, and we then go and have a look round the food dept, I get a couple of ready meals, actually I got three that will puree down ok so happy with that.
Wilkinson,s Commercial Rd Precinct


We go out of M&S and go for a coffee, which is nice and then we go to Wilkinson,s as Pauline wants to get a floor mop, and I want to look at the stationery bits and pieces, so off we go trying to negotiate around all the idiots walking around texting on there mobiles and not taking any notice of where they are going so we graze a few shins on the way to wilkinson,s perhaps one day they will learn.

Well Pauline gets her Mop and so we decide to go to boots now and get the shopping that I need as well as having a look to see what else they have that I might need so off we go to Boots the chemist

Well we arrive at boots but by now we have the bag of shopping from Marks and Spencer and the mop that Pauline got from Wilkinson,s, so there I am in the wheelchair with the shopping on my lap and holding the mop as well, one of the shop assistants said I looked like "Neptune sat there holding the mop", I said that I was there to "apply for the job as a "cleaner" anyway Where are the "Tenna for Men" looked all over for them and apparently Boots don't sell them but they sell there own brand, so get a pkt of their own brand and see how I get on with them, only need them if I go out in case I get caught short,. anyway get those plus a pkt of plasters so now to phone a Taxi and head back home. Pauline was not amused with me in boots singing, " ♫♪♬I'm in boots and I am Happy, Tell me where to find my Nappy ♪♩♬" and also with taking the micky out of her getting " Teggings " still  had a really good couple of hours down town and it was fun.

Gervase.
Taxi picks us up and we get back home, it is now 1.20 so have a coffee and then we pop round to Tesco Express to get some milk before Pauline makes her way home, she is going to take my Repeat prescription into the Health centre on the way home and we can collect it on Tuesday. so all in all an excellent day, it is now turned 2.00 o-clock so need to get a bit of lunch, think I will have a boil in the bag Haddock with Butter plus a couple of crisp breads and then I will have roast pork with Carrot, Broccoli, and mashed Potato for dinner tonight, will have dinner later tonight as my son Gervase will be coming in to see me on his way home from Work,

So a really great day today so will leave you all in peace now while I close my eyes and drift off for an hour, so until tomorrow Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment