Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Needle day today

hello one and all and so we reach another Wednesday,  well today is a day that I will be glad to get over and done with, but first things first I am reducing my Prednisolone down from 11 mg daily to 10 mg daily which is where my Neurologist wants it to stay until I see him in November, the trouble is since I reached 15 mg daily I have had trouble with dry skin on my hands so have to remember to use the lotion 4 times a day, still at least the Prednisolone is tapered down OK.

Anyway, it is now 7.30 and I have made a coffee and am in bed  watching the news on the TV, but will have to think about getting up and making breakfast shortly and then get myself sorted for the day, the carer will be here soon to get me washed and groomed and then Pauline will be round at 11.00 o-clock to take me to the Eastney Health Centre for my Flu and Pneumonia jab,s not looking forward to that at all.





Well the carer turned up at 9.30 so that is a better result than yesterday anyway she gets me washed and groomed, so now I can get ready for Pauline arriving at 11.00. The carer was quite a pleasant lady today so that was nice and she apologized for yesterday which was not necessary, as it was not her fault anyway she will be coming tomorrow and friday as well so that is ok.




The time is now 11.00 am and Pauline has just arrived to take me off to get the flu and Pneumonia jabs, The weather is on the change today and is very cloudy with a trace of rain in the air so need to wear a coat today, anyway we get in the car and off we go, get to Eastney Health Centre and report to reception, do not have to wait long and before I know it I am in and out having the jabs done, the nurse said that I would maybe have sore or aching arms/shoulders for a day or two but that would ease off,I do hope she is right because my right shoulder is the weak one and is why I need a carer in the morning as I cant raise my right arm higher than my head.

It is now 5.00 pm and I have got a problem with my right shoulder aching as the nurse said may happen, the left shoulder where I had my Flu jab is fine but my right shoulder where the pneumonia jab was is giving me a bit of pain, Have taken a paracetamol , so hopefully that will make it easier, anyway part of the course I suppose, just hope it gets easier by tomorrow as Pauline is taking me down town to go around the shops in the precinct, and am looking forward to that, so an early night tonight I think, so until tomorrow i will say tatty bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment