Saturday, October 22, 2011

Onwards and Upwards.

Coffee Time at 6.45
Well here we are then folks, another weekend is upon us, Not a good night last night, very restless, kept waking and then nodding back of to sleep. until about 2.30 then slept through until about 6.45, anyway got up and made a coffee and then went back to bed to watch the TV news on BBC1 until 9.00 when I decided to get up ready for the carer to come.

The weather is a lot milder today and by 9.00 o-clock when I drag myself out of bed the sun is shining and the sky is blue, and I don't need the heating on this morning, anyway will get some breakfast before the carer comes, I am going to try a croissant with butter and marmalade this morning as I am sic and tired of Puree food and Porridge, so heat it in the oven and go and see how I get on with it,

A Happy Croissant
Well that took some perseverance but I ate it, so that felt so good  Eating real food anyway now to get prepared for the carer, It is Mick today and he turns up about 9.45, so not to late, anyway he gets me washed and groomed and ready for the day so now another coffee and then on to face book to see what is going on.



Eileen and Chris Stall at Craft show.
I see on Facebook that my Sister and her friend Chris have a stall at a craft show at the Mountbatten  centre in Portsmouth today, so I decide to surprise them and go and have a look, this is a new adventure for e as it will be the first time I have been out on my own for any distance or time since being diagnosed but as they say " Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained " so I phone the taxi company and book a taxi to pick me and the wheelchair up at 11.00 and also to collect me from the Mountbatten centre  at 12.30 for the return journey back home.

Main Entrance Mountbatten Centre.
Taxi picks me and the wheelchair up at just turned 11.00 o-clock and we head of to the mountbatten centre which is located at Alexandra Park, Portsmouth. The mountbatten centre is a Leisure centre with a 50 mtr Swimming pool, 400 mtr Athletics track and also a cycling velodrome and Gym,s squash Courts etc. anyway we arrive about 11.20 so that is OK now all I have to do is find out where the Craft Show is being held.

Eileen and Chris
Well I find that OK, Eileen and Chris are surprised to see me as I wheel myself across the hall to their stall, and cant believe that I came on my own, anyway I did (although I did let Pauline know I was going, just incase I had a problem) anyway enjoyed seeing them both and had a good look round also a coffee and a chat and then made my way outside at 12.30 to meet the taxi for the return trip home. Got back home about 1.00 pm as the traffic was very heavy coming into portsmouth due to the fact that there is football at Fratton park today Portsmouth are playing Doncaster.

Well that was a good trip out and I really enjoyed getting out and about on my own, although there are limitations as to what I can and cant do, it is certainly a step (or wheel) forward in the right direction. so now to have a little stroll round to Tesco to get some drink and Chicken for tonight and then think about what to have for lunch.

Quiche for lunch.
So what to have for lunch, I may be trying my luck but "what the heck" I managed the croissant this morning after a fashion so I think I will try the Tomato and Broccoli quiche today, it is a small individual one so we will see how we can get on with that, if I cant manage it then I can always do some chicken soup but I want real food. so heat the quiche for 20 min,s and then sit down with lots of fruit juice to hand and tuck in, it took a bit of time as I have to go slowly as although the Dysphagia is improving it is at a very slow rate but a lot better than it was 5 months ago, anyway I manage to eat the quiche pastry and all so there we go, another step forward, but I know my limitations so will be on the puree food tonight for dinner, although it is only the meat I puree now, the vegetable i cook well and then mash down with a fork,

Facebook rules OK
Well that was good so a very positive day in all sense today and on reflection a good progressive week. anyway now I think I will have a sit down with the laptop for the afternoon and listen to the football on the Radio, My son Gervase has gone to fratton park with a couple of friends to watch the match so he will keep me updated with text,s anyway. so I will rest until I start getting dinner at 6.00, Puree roast chicken with Broccoli, Carrot, swede and Mashed Potato tonight, with plenty of gravy, and then an evening of TV . there is  Allo Allo on at 19.45 on BBC2, Merlin on at 20.15 on BBC1, and Foyles war on ITV3 at 21.00 for 2 hours 20 mins so bed at 23.30 tonight I think.

Fratton Park
Well the Football match has finished and Surprise Surprise Pompey won 3 - 1,  ♬♫♬ Play up Pompey, Pompey Play up.♬♫♬ So on that note and the end of a successful day I will say Good Bye until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment