Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pain, Pain, Go Away.

Pain Pain Go Away, well I think it took the hint, for today has been a far better day than yesterday, although there is still pain in the lower back, hip and leg areas, it is certainly not as severe as it was yesterday, took 4 lots of pain Medication yesterday and took one lot this morning at 6.00 am when I woke up, but have not had to take any during the day so  that is a relief, although to be honest I have not done much today apart from rest, and work on my Family History research for most of the day apart from when Pauline was here. anyway did not sleep to badly last night, although did wake up a couple of times during the night, woke up properly at 5.45 and took some pain Medication at 6.00. am, made a coffee and then watched the news on TV until 7.30 when I had to get up as the carer is coming at 7.45 today, it is a different carer today as Amanda the regular carer is away today and tomorrow.

Feeling better today.
It is now 8.30 and no sign of the carer, the phone rings at 8.40 and it is the care agency to say that "Mick" the carer has phoned in Sick and that they cannot get a carer to me today, so I tell them not to bother about tomorrow either and to leave it until saturday, So  will phone Adult care at PCC tomorrow and let them know that I am not happy about being treated in this way.

Bossy Boots Pauline
Pauline Phoned to say she will be round today for an hour or so and as the weather is really wet and miserable we will stay in and sort out some of the bits and pieces i no longer need or want ( she really is a bossy boots ) anyway that is a good idea as I do not feel up to going out today after yesterday as I need to rest and recuperate after the last few hectic days.

Pauline arrives about 11.00 am , she has popped into the chemist to get me a couple of bits and pieces on the way down to me. anyway while I make the coffee Pauline goes over to Tesco Express to get me some milk.

We have a nice coffee and then Pauline goes and brings all my ties down from upstairs for me to sort through and choose the ones I want to keep and the other ones can go to a charity shop. ( Where most of them came from anyway), also she brings some boxes of craft material down and also a load of CD,s and DVD,s .
Another cup of coffee.
I make another coffee and then we sort through all the stuff she has brought down, the craft material can go to the alzheimer's society, in Salisbury, most of the CD,s are windows based software, this can be dumped as I use a Mac, the DVD,s are films so they can go to the charity shop along with the ties.

Pauline goes at 1.00 pm and I get some lunch and then settle down with the computer to work on the Family History, at 3.00 pm I go for a lie down for an hour and then at 4.00 pm go back to watch some TV. I have a casserole cooking in the slow cooker for dinner tonight, so that will save some time and I will have that at 6.30. My son Gervase phoned to say he will be round this evening for an hour so will look forward to that, so all in all a decent day so far but very restful.

An evening of TV
TV Tonight will be Emmerdale and Coronation Street on ITV until 9.00 pm and then Law and Order UK on ITV 3 so another relaxing evening and then bed at 11. 30. so until tomorrow and the dreaded Methotrexate I will say "Tatty Bye"

No comments:

Post a Comment