Monday, October 31, 2011

Progressive Monday.

Get back to bed.
Good morning one and all and as usual I am awake early, the question is " Am I bright eyed and bushy tailed " and the answer is No not really, its to bloody early, its only 5.30, the body clock has not got used to the end of BST yet and the clocks going back an hour. so another hour in bed is needed.

Its Amanda.
Get back to bed ( The picture is an Exaggeration) in reality I have to lower the bed, bring up the back, sit on it and then lower it down to a lying position, thank goodness for profile beds and the NHS.

However get another 1½ hours sleep until 7.00 am and then its a case of a coffee and BBC1 News until 8.00 am when I get up ready for Amanda the Carer to come.

Amanda turns up as her normal cheery self and its not long before I am washed and groomed ready for the day so now a bowl of cornflakes for breakfast and then get dressed ready for the day ahead.

Franks Wheelie Bin
Now it is 10.00 am and I can see its going to be one of those days today as so far 4 lots of leaflets have come through the letter box, all from takeaway food shops, anyway I see the next one walk by the window so as he gets to the door I open it and politely ask if he could do me a favor, "If I can he said", well I asked " Could you put your leaflet straight into the recycling bin for me please". ( my recycling wheelie bin is in my forecourt) "his response is unrepeatable"

To say he went of muttering is an understatement, he will probably put a handful through next week, anyway that was not the best one next there is a Knock on the door and it is a young lad trying to sell double glazing, I did feel sorry for him really, anyway the conversation went like this :
Salesman: Hello "mate" are you the householder.
Me : Yes.
Salesman : Are you thinking of getting double glazing.
Me : "Bloody hell"  "has some one nicked my bay window,s  thought it was drafty in here today".
A Salesman.
Salesman : "No", "your windows are still there".
Me : "Are they Double Glazed"
Salesman : "Yes"
Me : "Then why would I want Double Glazing if I already have it".
Salesman : "Well you did say it was drafty in your house today "
Me : "Thats only because I am stood here with the front door open, talking to you"
Salesman : "I hope they are not all like you today",
Anyway I made him a coffee, had a chat, and he went merrily on his way, poor lad.


My Sandwich.
However that is enough excitement for today, So go round to Tesco express to get some Milk and some fruit juice drinks and think that I got on Ok with a quiche the other day for lunch, will try a sandwich today and see how I get on with that, so I get a Tuna and Cucumber sandwich from tesco and take that home with me for lunch.
I will have my lunch at 1.30 today so making sure I have got a large fruit Juice Drink handy I sit down to eat the Sandwich, well after 30 mins and all the drink, the sandwich has been eaten, crusts and all, so that is a major step forward as I have not had bread for almost a year, so very pleased with that


So its been a really good progressive day today, but I know my limitations so will stay with the Puree meal tonight and build up the solid food gradually, I phoned my Speech Therapist and had a chat with her and she was very pleased with the progress so will see how it goes over the next couple of weeks, I have my Blood test tomorrow and then my Outpatients appointment with my Neurologist next week so we will see where we go from there, so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment