Sunday, October 30, 2011

A Proud day today

 
A Sunday Lie in.
Good Morning one and all and so another day dawns, Feels strange this morning as the clocks went back 1 hour last night, marking the end of British Summer Time (BST) so it is lighter an hour earlier, but it will also be dark an hour earlier tonight.
Had a good nights sleep last night, and woke as I say to find it is light outside, but that won,t stop me having a Sunday lie in so make the coffee and turn on the News, and go back to bed.

The Weekend Carer.
Oh well it is now 9.00 am so time to get up ready for the carer to come and get me ready for the day, the weather is not that good today, it is not cold but it is wet and windy, ( Just like me really), anyway the carer arrives about 9.3o and gets my face and neck washed and my hair combed and so I am groomed for the day so get some Breakfast< and seeing as it is going to be a lazy day I will have some Porridge, and then get dressed ready for the day ahead.

The Plan for today was to go Down to Southsea sea front to watch the start and Finnish of the Great South Run, but due to the weather I will be staying in and watch it on Channel 5.

Part of the course past HMS Victory at the dockyard
It is almost 10.30 so Switch over to Channel 5 to watch the Great South Run. My son Gervase is running in this today it is a 10 mile run around Portsmouth, starting and finishing on the Southsea Common.  Gervase is Running in aid of Cancer Research UK, in memory of his mum Christine who we lost to Breast Cancer in 2003 when Gervase was 12 years of age. anyway I am sure he will take it easy and will be running with all the other overweight 30 year olds ( LOL) he is hoping to do it in 2 hours.

Gervase on his run
Well the Race gets underway and there is no chance of me seeing gervase in that crowd, there are over 24,000 people taking part in this years event, anyway no matter where he finishes I am proud of him for taking part in such a worthwhile cause.

Anyway as I am watching the race on TV, gervase texts a picture to me to say he is coming down henderson road about 2.5 miles from the finish " Go Gervy Go " so he is on time to complete on 2 hours,
I notice he is wired up with his music on the i-phone,

(I told him when I went running in my early years we carried a wind up Record player, music was all over the place) LOL

Well gervase completes the Race and Gordon and Pauline have gone down to cheer him home so that pleased me anyway he is pleased with his time  as you can see from the official result table he finished in 13,244th place in a time of 1 hr 54 min " Well done Gervase Mum would have been proud of you"

Gervase also met Les Oakley from the UK Myositis Support Group who is also running in aid of Myositis, Gervase introduced himself and had a chat with him

Downton Abbey Cast.
Well thats all the excitement for me over with today so now for some chicken soup and then a couple of hours of TV and facebook before I think about dinner tonight, Puree Roast Beef with Potato, Carrot and Broccoli tonight.  and then it will be Family History research before Downton Abbey at 9.00 pm on ITV 1

Well as you can see  It has not been a very active day for me today, if it had not been raining I would have got myself and the wheelchair into a taxi and been down southsea to cheer on my Son, but did not think it advisable to be sat out in the rain  and the wind. anyway I will bore you no longer and so until tomorrow, adios amigo,s.

No comments:

Post a Comment