Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Shopping we did go

Good morning one and all, well as the weatherman predicted the weather is on the change and Autumn is waiting just around the corner, although the temperature has not changed much today it is 22.5 c here today the cloud has increased dramatically and it is very overcast so would not be surprised if we saw some rain before the day is over, which will probably please the ducks down at Baffins pond, as the water level has been rather low there for the last few month,s


Its too early to get up yet 


Well not such a good nights sleep last night, went to bed about 10.15 as I thought I could watch a film in bed now that I have had the freesat fitted, watched the film which ended at 12.00. then settled down to sleep but found it difficult to settle until about 2.30 and then slept untill about 6.30, and then was awake not a good night, probably need to go to bed later and use the TV in the bedroom for the news in the morning or for afternoon rest periods.  anyway need to get up now as it is 7.30 ready for the Carer to come as I have Pauline coming at 10.30 to take me shopping down at Asda in Fratton.






Get your act together.
Well Had Breakfast and have been waiting for the carer who has not arrived yet, it is 10.00 o-clock so phone the carers office only to be told that as my regular carer is on holiday that I have to have a substitute carer when they can arrange one, My reply to that was that they are suppling a paid service paid for by the NHS out of my taxes and National Insurance contributions that I have paid in every week from 1957 until 2007 so they need to make sure that I am kept informed, as to when the carer will be coming if the time has to be changed and also that my time for a carer on Weekdays is between 8-30 am  and 9.00 am. and this I have in writing, She said that the carer today would be coming at 11.30 am, to which I told her in no uncertain terms that She needed to cancel todays visit as I would be going out with a friend to do my weekly shop at 10.30 as I  do every week and that I would be letting the NHS know that there was no carer supplied today, also to remind her that I have my flue jab at the doctors tomorrow at 10.00 so I expect my carer to be here at 9.00 am at the latest , to which she assured me that a carer would be with me at 8.30 am for the rest of the week, !!!! Result !!!! 


As always Pauline arrives at 10.20 am and we load the Wheelchair into the car and Off we go to Asda at Fratton to do the weekly shop, As always the store is very busy and we have a problem getting around the store with the wheelchair, people are so inconsiderate it really winds me up, I know I should be more tolerant and I probably would be if some of these idiots had a few manners. anyway we get the shopping done and make our way back to the car and head back home.






Gervase and Leanne.
So that was an eventful morning, ( or is it me)  anyway get the shopping put away and get a nice welcome coffee made Pauline brings some of my old craft items down from upstairs and I sort them out for her and get a large box of craft material together for her to give to Gordon to take up to the Alzheimer's Society in Salisbury tomorrow, so that is todays excitement over with, so now for a bite of lunch and then an afternoon of TV, must get dinner early this evening as I will be going round to spend a couple of hours with Gervase and Leanne tonight, so until tomorrow I will say Good Bye and have a nice day/evening.

2 comments:

  1. Result! Good for you-- never let them push you to the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Frank-- never let them push you to the side.

    ReplyDelete