Tuesday, October 11, 2011

To the Vampire I Go.

Blood Test
Deep in the forests of Transalvania, I wandered lost and frightened, all of a sudden through the trees shone a blinding light, bright but in a strange way welcoming, slowly I made my way forward and came across a small chalet type structure, in front of me was a pale blue door, Gently pushing the door open I walked into the bright light, I could just make out the shape of a person gliding slowly towards me, who was this person, would I come to any harm, as if sensing my fear the person spoke in a soft gentle voice 

Hello Frank come for your blood test then "

Well it,s a different way of saying I went to the Eastney Health Centre today to see Debbie  for my Fortnightly Blood test, Pauline collected me at 10.15 as the blood test was for 10.30 and then we went down to Asda to do some shopping.

Sorry about the Introduction today, it seemed a good idea at the time LOL. anyway not to bad a night last night, but as expected I was awake at 3.00 pm to go to the bathroom, knew this would happen as I increased my fluid intake but that is what the doctor required so that is what I will do, anyway apart from  that I slept pretty well from 11.00 pm to 3.00 am and from 3.15 am until 7.00 am, so a good 7.75 hours sleep, so a coffee and then up ready for the carer at 8.30, anyway made the coffee and sat in bed watching the news on TV until 8.00, so a nice lazy morning.



Amanda arrives at 8.30 and gets me washed and groomed for the day and also puts some ointment on my legs and feet as since I have tapered of the prednisolone my skin is starting to get dry and flakey again, it used to be like it prior to diagnosis, and since being on Prednisolone it got better but getting drier again now, so will have to look into this, also noticed the big toe on my right foot is very red and scaly so will have to phone the district nurses this afternoon and get them to check it out.

It is now 9.00 am and carer has left, pauline has just phoned to say she will be leaving her place at 10.05, so will get some breakfast and then get ready for when Pauline gets here about 10.15.

Pauline arrives at 10.15, I am outside ready with the wheel chair, so we get that into the car and off we go to get the blood test done and then down to Asda at Fratton to get the weekly shop.

Asda at Fratton
Arrive at Asda just as it starts to rain  ( thats all we need ) luckily it was only a few spots and has now stopped so get the wheelchair out the car and make our way into Asda, (the name for Walmart in the UK).  we spend a good hour in Asda and Pauline and I both get what we need, I checked out the Gluten free range but it is not extensive, got a few Gluten free products ( Waiting on a phone call from my Dietician) anyway get back and load the car and then make our way back home.

Well we are back home so get the kettle on for a nice coffee and get the shopping put away, it is now 1.30 pm so Pauline makes her way back home and I get some lunch and then phone the district nurses.

Single point of Access
What a palaver that was, they have changed the phone numbers since I last needed to phone them, Before I used to phone Eastney health centre and could speak to one of the nursing staff and get sorted out, But Now. I have to phone a " Single Point of Access number " You get through to what I would call a " Call Centre " I spoke to a person who on her own admission has "no medical training" anyway what happens is they take your details and then pass the message on to the relevant department, in my case the District Nursing team at Eastney Health Centre, so not holding my breath, hopefully they will get the message sometime this week, why do they have to change a system that was working very well, it must all be down to the savings that need to be made in the NHS.

Gervase
Oh well so that basically  is my exciting day, I will have to get dinner early this evening as I will be going round to visit Gervase and Leanne tonight at there place, My son Gervase likes me to go round on a tuesday, I get a taxi there and Leanne,s dad gives me a lift home afterwards. It makes a change and gets me out of the house, and the Taxi company are very good and help me. so dinner tonight willl be sea bass and Mashed potato served with a parsley sauce so will enjoy that, so on that note I will say tatty bye until tomorrow when hopefully I will hear from the district nurse team.

No comments:

Post a Comment