Thursday, October 6, 2011

What the ?????

Hello once again and welcome to another exciting (or not) episode to my daily blog,  I often wonder is it me just being to picky or is it this bloody disease trying my patience or is the educated person within the service of the local council,s a thing of the past, who can tell cause sure as hell I can't, anyway had a really bad night last night, my right shoulder was playing up all night where I had my Pneumonia jab yesterday so not in the best of moods today.

The carer arrived at 10.30 just before Pauline arrived to take me down to Commercial road to get a couple of items that I need, I have taken a Paracetamol to hopefully settle down the aching in my right shoulder, the doctor said that this might happen anyway I will try and get a sleep later on this afternoon.

Commercial Road Precinct
Anyway get in the car and head off to Commercial road, only need to go into Debenham,s so we can park in there Car Park so no need for the wheelchair as not much walking to do today, anyway get what I need, go and have a coffee and then head back home.

We get back indoors and I make a coffee while Pauline goes to make my bed and turn the mattress for me, I honestly do not know what I would have done without Pauline  helping me out over the last few month,s she has been really great as have Gordon, my Sister and Brother and also my son Gervase, his wife Leanne, and Leanne,s mum Elaine.

The outcome of my Social care assessment carried out on  Friday 30th September 2011


Anyway now to the exciting part, the postman came when we were out and there was a letter for me from the Adult Social Care people at Portsmouth City Council (PCC). inside the envelope was the report from the assessment carried out last Friday, I need to sign and return it within 2 weeks, anyway the outcome is that as far as the assessor is concerned the only care I need is 15 min,s daily at am to wash face and comb hair, there is no mention of

  1. I need a wheel chair when I go out for any distance
  2. I need help when I go to Doctor/hospital appointments
  3. I cannot reach above my head so need help with shopping
  4. I need help with housework
  5. I have dysphagia and am on a puree diet
  6. I am at risk from falls
  7. I am on steroid medicine and carry a steroid medication card
  8. I cannot bath myself
  9. I cannot get into/or out of a bath.
  10. I cannot shower as I cannot reach my back, face.
  11. Without the Hospital Profile bed I would need help to get in and out of bed
  12. I need help at night sometime to get out of bed when muscles are in a flare or I have Cramp.
  13. Only mentions GP, no mention of Neurologist, Speech Therapist, Dietician.
apart from that there are so many typographical and grammatical errors on the report and the simplest mathematical calculation has the decimal point in the wrong place so the cost of my morning care is written as £24.50 per week which works out as £12.74 per year  Now that has got to be the bargain of the year, What a discount LOL, and all this and the assessment was carried out by a (Graduate Trainee) I really do worry for the future of our country.

and on top of all that the section where it asks about my Illness and about what medication I am on has been left blank so nowhere on the report does it say what my Illness/disease is or what meds/treatment I am on.

I think a phone call to PCC on Monday will be in order.

Anyway on that note I will leave it and get some dinner done.
Tatty bye one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment