Wednesday, November 23, 2011

After Tuesday comes Wednesday.

And a very good Morning /Afternoon/Evening to you all depending where you are on the globe. Well after yesterdays shopping down at the Shopping precinct in Commercial road, today will be a fairly quiet day, the weather is not that cold at the moment bit it is very cloudy and damp so won't be getting up too much today.
My New glasses
Had a really good evening round with Leanne and Gervase last night and Leanne,s dad dave was there and gave me a lift home, so that was nice as I get on well with Dave, and looking forward to sunday as we are going for lunch at the Goose in Albert road so hopefully Leanne,s Mum  Elaine will be there  so that will be nice as I get on well with Elaine. Gordon And Pauline are also coming as well so it should be a good get together.
Had a decent nights sleep last night and slept through from 11.00 pm until 6.30 am this morning so pleased with that, It is a pleasure to have these new Glasses as it makes so much difference to my vision, you don't realize how your eyesight deteriorates over time until you have an eye test, and get new glasses, I have also gone back to vari-focal,s rather than Bi-focal,s and that makes a big difference as well, especially when on the laptop.

Adult social Care Report.
Anyway It is Now 7.00 am so time to get some coffee and get back into bed and watch the BBC News for an hour before dragging myself out of bed. it looks like the government is going to have to carry out a review of the way that Adult Social Care is being carried out in the UK, as the report has been published about the way the Elderly are being treated by some of the Home carer,s, I have said for a long time now that since a lot of the the health service here in the UK has been farmed out to private company,s that it is now a case of putting profit before people. anyway rant over, it is just that Adult social care seems to be the main News Story on the BBC today.
However I now need to get my butt out of bed and into the other room ready for my Carer Amanda when she arrives at 8.15

Amanda in a rush today.
So Amanda arrives at 8.20 and gets my face and neck washed and combs my hair for me so I am now all freshly groomed for a day of sitting in front of the TV, anyway when Amanda was putting the ointment on my legs and feet she mentioned that my left foot was quite red an suggested I phone the doctor and let them  know so that is what I will do after 9.00 am.
Amanda goes on her way and I go and finish getting dressed and then get myself some porridge for breakfast before Phoning Eastney health centre to speak to a doctor.

One of my doctors.
so that is breakfast over so make another coffee and then phone Eastney health centre to speak to a doctor. I get through and ask for a telephone consultation and as is normal they say a doctor will phone me back, so while I wait for the return call I get on the laptop and see who is on facebook,

At 11.00 am the phone rings and it is the Doctor phoning back, it is one of the practice doctors who I have dealt with before and knows my case history, anyway explain that the district nurses had looked at it on the 14th Oct and although it was red it was not showing any sign of infection and that they were referring me to the  podiatry clinic, but I had not heard anything, anyway the doctor said to leave it with her and she would chase it up. so that is OK as the doctors I have are really on the ball.

A podiatrist.
So now it is time to have a quick walk round to Tesco Express to get some milk and a tin of soup ready for lunch and then to get back indoors in the warm as it is quite chilly and damp out today, anyway at 1.00 pm I get myself some chicken soup and a couple of Crisp breads and butter for my lunch followed by a strawberry custard pot and a toffee custard pot, no wonder I am putting on weight. anyway that went down a treat and I settle down to watch a re-run of the old episodes of Only Fools and Horses on BBC1 when the phone rings and it is the Eastney Health Centre, to book an appointment to see a podiatrist, I cant do next week so am going in the first week of December, So Thank You to my Doctors for their fast response

So that was a quick response by the Doctors and Eastney Health centre so it just goes to show how efficient the NHS can be when it wants to.

BBC 1 Pointless quiz show.
Oh well that is about it for today, it is now 4.30, it is getting dark outside, so lights on, Heating on, curtains drawn and a nice cosy evening in front of the TV tonight, The quiz show " Pointless is on at 5.15 and then at 6.00 I will get dinner started ( Puree pork loin tonight with Broccoli, Cauliflower and mashed Potato) so dinner at 7.00 watching Emmerdale, and then Poirot  and Midsummer Murders on ITV3

So while I go and get a coffee and post this edition of the daily journal I will say Cheerio until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment