Thursday, November 24, 2011

Another day of Progress.

A good nights sleep.
And so here we are again, full of the joys of spring ( or Autumn as the case may be). Another really good nights sleep last night, went to bed about 11.00 and woke this morning about 6.30 so well pleased with that, anyway I have another interesting day ahead as Pauline is coming down today and we may be going down to Lidl, depending on the weather, anyway time to get a coffee and watch a bit of the news on the TV before getting ready for Amanda the carer.

Not a lot of interest in the news this morning so at 7.45 I make my way into the front room, and get out the laptop and see who is on facebook while I wait for the carer. Amanda arrives as usual about 8.15 and it is not long before I am washed and groomed ready for the day ahead.

What tie to wear ?
After Amanda leaves at about 8.35 I text Pauline to let her know all is ok here and go and get a couple of wheatabix for breakfast and then settle down to watch the TV for a while, as pauline phoned to say she will be round at about 10.30. anyway watch a bit of TV until 10.00 and then go and get ready for when pauline gets here. Think I will wear a collar and tie today as I am fed up with Jumpers and Joggers

The Pompey Centre.
So get myself shaved and dressed and then get sat back down just as Pauline arrives, It is quite a nice day outside today so we decide that as pauline needs a couple of paint tester pots and I need some light bulbs and bleach we will go over to B&Q at the pompey centre today, so off we go Pauline, the Wheelchair and Me. I decide that I will walk and push the wheelchair part of the way as the last time I walked over and back with my cane I spent the next two days recovering and don,t want to overdo it again this time, so I walk part way pushing the wheelchair and then Pauline pushes me the rest of the way.

B&Q Pompey Centre.
Well we get to the B&Q store and we have a look round and I see a few of the people I used to work with ( I worked at B&Q for almost 6 years) there are not many of the old crowd left there now, anyway I see Judy on Gardening and Terry on Decor and then I see Bett at the front end, Last time I came over to B&Q Bett was off sick so I go and see Bett to find out how she is and apparently she had a problem with her eyesight but that is now sorted for the time being ( Bett is a good friend who has been in a wheelchair for many years) anyway it was nice to see her back at work also saw Donna and Jane on the front end.

McDonalds at the Pompey Centre.
Anyway we pay for our purchases and it is now 12.15 so I said to Pauline that I was tempted to try a McDonalds Cheeseburger for lunch, with the Dysphagia I may be pushing my luck but unless you try you just don't know, anyway if I could not swallow it I would take it home and Puree it (LOL) but I am making progress with the Dysphagia so we decide to have a go, Pauline fancy,s a McDonalds anyway so off we go to McDonalds which is just down the road from B&Q.

Eating a Burger.
We go in and I get a 99p Cheeseburger with Fries and a coffee and pauline has the same, and although it took a little time I ate it ( YES!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO !!!!!!) did not eat many chips but the burger, some of the chips and the coffee was enjoyed very much, what pleased me that the last time I tried a McDonalds down town with Pauline and Gordon was 3 months ago and I could not eat a single bite so definitely making slow but steady progress.

Anyway that was enjoyable so now we make our way back home, we get indoors and put the wheelchair away and now we take a short stroll round to the Tesco express to get a few thing which we both need and also so Pauline can post a couple of letters, we cant take the wheelchair as it is difficult to negotiate the pavements around here and also there is not a lot of space inside the Tesco to get around in a wheelchair, anyway get what we want and then go back home, I put away my shopping and make the coffee and pauline very kindly changes the bedding for me, ( don,t know what I would do without all the help she gives me). anyway it is now 2.00 pm, so phone for a Taxi for Pauline and then after Pauline has gone home just settle down to rest and watch some TV and go on the laptop.

Well that has been a very good positive day today, and my son Gervase will be in to see me on his way home from work this evening, he won't be staying long as He and Leanne are of out tonight, so I will now relax and enjoy the rest of the evening so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment