Friday, November 4, 2011

Another Quiet Friday

I Hate Methotrexate Friday.
Well here we are again, and we all know what Friday is by now, it  is "Methotrexate Day", God I hate that drug, it really does make me feel crap for a few hours although I will say it is not so bad now as when I first started taking it, anyway I was awake at 4.30 to use the bathroom  so took the Methotrexate then so at least I can sleep through a couple of hours of the Yukee feeling. Anyway wake up again at 6.45 so time for a coffee and then an hour in bed watching TV News until going into the front room at 8.00 to wait for my Carer.

Amanda on her bike.
Well the weather was really bad in the early hours of this morning, torrential rain and strong winds, still it started to ease off about 8.15 so by the time Amanda the carer arrived on her pushbike the rain had stopped and the sun was trying to come out, so hopefully it will brighten up as the day goes on.

However Amanda ( The Carer) arrives about 8.40 and I am soon washed and groomed and ready for the day ahead,  I have not got a lot planned for today as it will take until about 11.30 for the Methotrexate to wear of and by that time I will be thinking about lunch so a very quiet and boring day at home today.

A Sardine with Bones
Well it is Now lunchtime so I think I have a tin of Boneless Sardines in the cupboard so I think i will have those and make a nice Sardine sandwich for lunch and wash it down with a nice cup of tea, am looking forward to that but before then I will take advantage of a break in the clouds and hot foot it round to tesco to get some milk and fruit juice.

Boneless Sardine.
That did not take long so now to get that Sandwich made and then I can settle down in front of the TV for the rest of the afternoon.

well made the sandwich and it went down a treat although it took a bit of time but well worth it just to eat solid food, so now to watch a bit of TV and get some Family History research done on the laptop, and that should take me up to 5.15 and Pointless on TV until 6.00 and then it will be chicken casserole for dinner this evening,

When we went shopping down Asda on Tuesday I brought a Asda Chicken casserole pack. It was a pack of fresh Chicken legs and Thighs along with fresh ready cut Casserole Vegetable,s It was all ready just to put into the slow cooker, so I put it in this morning at 7.00 when I got up to make my coffee. There is enough there to last me for two main meals plus one lunch so good value for £3.00.

The one thing I like about the slow cooker is the lack of washing up afterwards, its like living in a dream world. I think I may just use that all the time and use plastic cutlery and paper plates and cups = " No more washing up " LOL. well I can always dream.

Well as I said at the start not a very exciting day today so will leave you all in peace and say tatty bye until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment