Monday, November 14, 2011

Just west of Portsmouth.

Fareham, Hampshire
Just west of portsmouth, and north of the coast
Is the small town of Fareham, Of that I can boast.


The place I grew up, from the year 43.
Just Mother and Patrick, Dave, Eileen and Me.


Oh the fun that we had, Playing out, running free
We went out in the morning, and back home for tea.


We used to go scrumping, apple pie made for tea.
PC Frampton would see us, Oh dear,y me.


On bonfire night, on the circle we went
 Hammond Road
It was always great fun, and the time was well spent.


But then we grew up, and we drifted apart,
With Marriage, and children, a new life we did start.


But we never forgot, those childhood day,s
we look back through the year,s in a kind of a haze.


Now mother is gone, tucked up safely with dad.
We remember the past, all the good, and the bad.


I remember coal fires, and the washing machine load
when we all lived together, in that place "Hammond Road"

A good nights sleep last night.
So a little bit of nostalgia to start off the day with, well I must say that being out in the sea air yesterday did me a power of good, Felt really tired yesterday so went to bed just after 10.00 last night and slept through until 7.00 this morning, did wake about 3.00 am but went straight back to sleep so a good 9 hours last night and feel a lot fresher today, that may be due to the fact that the temperature is about 5 degrees lower today than yesterday.

Amanda in a rush today.
However, can't stay in bed all day so must get up and get my Morning coffee and then watch the TV News before Amanda the carer comes at 8.30, anyway have my coffee and go and wash up last nights dinner things ( Lazy Me) and blow me down there is a knock on the door and it's Amanda come early, it is only 8.10. apparently she is in a bit of a rush today so gets me washed and groomed and then away she goes, OH well time for breakfast now then.

Had some porridge for breakfast today and that went down well so now I need to get dressed and then make my way round to tesco express to get some fruit drink, milk and something for dinner tonight, need to get something which is quick and easy to do and that will puree down OK, so I get a Tesco "Bacon & Chicken Pasta" ready meal, that will do for tonight and tomorrow we will do the big shop down at Asda.

WEather Map showing Temperature 
Well back home from Tesco express, didn't hang about long as it is very cold out there today, as you can see by the map here the temperature today is 9 c or 10 c whereas yesterday it reached a high of 18 c. anyway now to settle down with the computer for a couple of hours before lunch at 1.00.

Well it is now getting towards 1.00 o-clock and soon be time to think about lunch, anyway as I am contemplating what to have for lunch the phone rings and it is my brother pat to say he is in Portsmouth and is going to come and pay me a visit, he has been working in Chichester and thought he would pop in for an hour on the way back to Fareham where he lives,

Todays Lunch.
So I make sure I get the kettle on to make the coffee and decide to do myself a " Asda Great stuff " mini meal for lunch " Chicken meat balls with spaghetti" have not had that before so will try to have it without pureeing, The spaghetti in tomato sauce should be OK but not sure about the meat balls, but will give it a try.

My Brother Pat
Anyway get that into the microwave while I get the coffee started, just finished that when Pat arrives complete with a Kentucky fried chicken lunch, so anyway we sit down and Pat has his KFC and I have my Meatballs and Spaghetti, and it went down OK, the meatballs were hard work but I did it so that is pleasing, anyway pat has had a problem with one of there cats being ill and they had to have the cat put to sleep over the weekend, this was upsetting for them because they had had the cat about 16 years still as pat said it was kinder than letting the cat suffer and it was on the advice of the animal hospital vet.


Get the Daily Journal done.
Apart from that Pat is keeping OK and deciding if he will carry on working after he is 65 in January or if he will retire so he has a decision to make there soon. the hour soon passes and pat makes his way back home to Fareham, while I get the washing up done and then settle back down with the laptop to get this edition of my Daily Journal done. Just as I settle down to get this Journal done so the phone rings and it is the speech therapist to see how I am getting on with the swallowing, anyway she is satisfied that it is moving in the right direction ( Downwards From mouth to Stomach) LOL. So she said she will give me a ring in the new year unless she hears from me before, so it seems I am moving in the right direction.

So it has been a very enjoyable day today, the good sleep last night did me the world of good, It was nice to see my brother Pat and had a good chat, Enjoyed my lunch, and a good chat with the speech therapist , so now to get this edition of the daily journal posted and then see who is about on facebook before getting dinner sorted and an evening of TV. so until tomorrow I will say Good Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment