Sunday, November 27, 2011

Lunch down the pub.

Another Good nights sleep.

Well after the trals and tribulations of the last couple of days, things seem to be settling down, Had a bit of a scare yesterday evening as I took a fall in the front room, didn't do any damage but called emergency services to be on the safe side, also Pauline and Gordon came round as did Gervase, the outcome was that no damage done and I just took a trip, anyway as a precaution Gervase stayed the night with me and went home this morning so all back on course again, Had a decent nights sleep so that was OK and woke really feeling fine this morning so Lunch down the Goose in Albert road is all systems go.

Claire the new carer.

Well I get a coffee and go into the lounge and Gervase makes his way home at about 8.30 so I settle in front of the TV with the laptop and see who is around on Facebook, and also catch up with the latest News on BBC. Decide to get some Wheatabix for breakfast and that goes down a treat so now just wait for the Carer who arrives at 9.50, It is a new carer today, a young lady called claire, who has only been doing the job for 3 weeks, she told me her job before this was as a croupier.

Anyway I tell her that I am a easy patient to deal with. Just need my face and neck washed and my hair combed, so that was okay, a very pleasant young lady , however she is soon on her way and I settle in front of the TV.

I go to make a coffee about 11.15 and see that I am running short of milk so get dressed and take a short stroll round to Tesco, I take the wheelchair and push it round just in case I have a problem, but I make it there and back with no problem so that is OK , I phone Pauline and let her know all is OK and to let her know that it will be 1.00 pm down the Goose for lunch, Gervase phones to say he will be coming to collect me at 12.45 so at 12.15 I go into the bedroom to have a shave and get dressed ready for when gervase comes.

Albert Road looking south from the Goose.
Gervase arrives at about 12.50 to collect me and off we go, we get there fairly easily but the trouble is trying to find somewhere to park, as Albert road is a busy road even on a sunday, lots of Antique shops and takeaway,s up this road so it is always busy.

Anyway find somewhere to park, just behind the Kings Theatre, ( Shown in the Photograph on the right) and walk the short distance to the Goose. once inside we see that Pauline and Gordon are already here so that is good as they have found a big table so we get me ann Orange Juice and Gervase a Lemonade and then we sit and have a chat and it is not long before Dave, Elaine and Leanne arrive so we are now all here so that is nice to be around close friends and family. Anyway we decide to order and Gordon has Bacon burger and chips, Elaine has Fish and chips, Pauline has roast beef, Leanne has the Vegetarian roast and Gervase has the Vegetarian Burger and Chips while me and Dave have the Lasagna. I decided to try the Lasagna as it is quite moist and in fact it goes down a treat so it just shows how far I have come with the Dysphagia.

The Goose Public house.
Anyway it is a brilliant afternoon and we have a good chat and as I said it is nice to be among friends and family and out of the house, It is very good in the Goose and Gervase, Pauline and I also have desert and then Pauline, Dave, Gordon and I have coffee so that rounded of the meal a treat.

It is now 3.30 so I decide it is time to make a move back home so gervase brings me home and comes in for 15 minuets and then makes his way back home.

So there we go another excellent day with family and friends so thank you Pauline, Gordon, Elaine, Dave, Leanne and Gervase for  a brilliant lunch, Time now to settle in front of the TV  with the laptop for the evening, and get this edition of the Daily Journal Posted on to the blog and to have a relaxing evening, so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment