Friday, November 25, 2011

Panic Over. Phew!!!!!!

Emergency Plumber.
Well what a night bloody horrible 24 hours this has been. It all started last night about 8.00 pm when I discovered a leak in my toilet, this is when you realize just how much this horrible disease affects you. I could see the water on the floor and hear the dripping but could not get down to see under the cistern to pinpoint the problem, and this is where panic sets in, I phoned Gordon and Pauline and they came round and gordon had a look and saw the problem so we phoned an emergency plumber, he got here quite quickly and replace some pipe work and fixed the problem and his fee was quite reasonable at £65.00. so that was OK but I had got so stressed out over it all that I did not get a decent nights sleep kept dozing and waking and was up at 4.30 am and had my Methotrexate. 

Ah Coffee.
I stayed in the front room watching TV and dozing until Amanda the carer came at 8.20. After she had washed and groomed me I got some breakfast and just sat around watching TV and going on facebook, Just could not settle and the Methotrexate was doing me no favors today. 

Anyway took a slow stroll around to Tesco express to get some milk and Fruit drink but didn't really feel like going but it had to be done, however the weather was quite pleasant today, made my way back home and just lounged around until 1.00 pm when I decided to get some lunch, After the McDonalds yesterday I decided to have a small M&S Roast Chicken ready meal on a plate with a Knife and Fork, No Pureeing for me today. so had the meal and really enjoyed eating it like a proper human being, anyway went out to make a coffee and for some reason my legs just gave way and down I went, This happened another twice during the afternoon, and I had no idea what was happening, although I had not felt right all day long.

I phoned Pauline and told her and Also Phoned Gervase and Leanne as well and then phoned the Doctors surgery, this was at about 3.30 . The doctor phoned me back about 4.30 and said he would be round to see me at 5.30 ish after he had seen his other patients at the surgery.

The Doctor.
Pauline phones at 5.00 pm to say she is on the way round and arrives at about 5.10 and the doctor arrives at 5.35. He takes my Blood pressure, Heart rate, Pulse etc and asks a few questions and arrives at the conclusion that I had stressed out over last night, that coupled with a lack of sleep had brought on a flare, my knuckles on my hands and also my Knees were very red, and also the affects of the Methotrexate also did not help matters, He said that he was not concerned as everything else was OK and that I needed to "Chill Out" and make sure I used my stick around the house just in case, he said that I needed to get an early night tonight and take it easy over the weekend.

Anyway he makes his move and Gervase phones to say has just got off the train and that he will be in to see me on the way home, he arrives at about 6.30 so pauline makes her way home, by this time I am feeling a lot calmer and can see what the doctor was saying, but it is so hard not to stress out when you can't do the normal things that you used to be able to do, anyway Gervase stays for an hour chatting and by this time I am feeling a lot calmer, I phoned Leanne and let her know as she was worried about me, she offered to come round but I said I would be OK, anyway gervase makes his way home about 7.15 and I get myself some soup and will now settle down with the laptop for a couple of hours before getting an early night, so until tomorrow I will say Good bye and !!! Don't Panic !!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment