Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunshine Sunday

♫ ♫ ♬ ♪ ♪ Sunshine came softly, through my window today ♪ ♪  ♫ ♬ ♫
Donavan.
This was the song playing on the radio at 7.00 o-clock this morning when I awoke from a decent nights sleep, Sung by Donovan along with other favorite songs like " Mellow Yellow" "Jennifer Juniper" etc, these were good songs for the day , Bringing back memories of the swinging Sixties, the Flower power brigade, hippy,s, and pop festivals that were free. Oh well back to reality, but the thing was the sunshine was streaming in through the window, a brilliant day ahead I think.

"Guy" the weekend carer.



Anyway as I said back to reality, get out of bed and make a coffee and then into the lounge to watch the TV News while I wait for the carer to come, It is "Guy" this weekend, he always comes about 8.30 to 9.00 so that is OK and I get on OK with him, anyway get some porridge for breakfast and then just chill out until Guy gets here. Guy arrives about 8.45 and we have a chat about the England football match yesterday and he gets me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead so that is OK anyway he goes at 9.00 and I phone pauline about going down to the War Memorial on Southsea Common for the British Legion " Service of Remembrance" at 11.00 o-clock, so we arrange that I will get a Taxi down to her and Gordon at 10.15 and they will push me over in the wheelchair as it will be to far to walk and standing around for an hour is not an option, what I would do without them I do not know.

Royal Navy Memorial Portsmouth.
Any way phone for a taxi at 10.15 and make my way down to Pauline,s, Gordon is waiting outside for me and Pauline is just coming out, so within a few minutes we are off over to the war memorial on Southsea common. The service is a very solemn affair, and is well attended not only by the public but by the " British Legion Riders club" these are motor cyclists from all walks of life who raise money for the british legion and other " Forces" Charities..  

Well that was a moving event, after the service I went and found my Uncle Frank,s name on Panel 38 Column 1 Uncle frank was killed in action in the North Sea in 1940 at 22 years of age.

Palmerston Road Precinct
Pauline and gordon need to go into Palmerston road to get some shopping on the way home, it is not far from the common so that is where we head of to, Palmerston road is the centre of Southsea and is a small shopping precinct with some very nice shops

We get to palmerston road and pauline goes into Iceland while me and Gordon go into Robert Dyas. Pauline and Gordon  decide that we will get a coffee and a sandwich in greg,s as it is turned 12.00 o-clock so I decide that I will try a Egg mayonnaise sandwich, which I manage to eat apart from the crust so I was pleased with that, also the coffee was nice, we sat out in the precinct in the sunshine, it is quite a pleasant day today, blue sky and sunshine, although there is a chill in the wind, in the sheltered areas it is quite warm.
O2 Store, Southsea.


We finish the sandwich and coffee and then Pauline and Gordon go into the O2 shop to sort out Pauline mobile phone and I have a wheel around the precinct, and then we head back to Pauline,s.

We get back to Pauline,s and have a coffee and I make a fuss of misty and then decide that I need to make a move home as it is 1.15 and getting near time for the lunchtime medication, Gordon needs to go to B&Q so he and pauline gives me a lift back home, I get back home about 1.45, tired but happy that it has been a very enjoyable 3.5 hours out of the house and in the fresh sea air.

Who is on Facebook.
I take the med,s and as I had a sandwich at Southsea I decide that I will just have a complan with a coffee now and then get my dinner for about 6.00 pm tonight.

I go on to facebook to see who is about and then decide to get todays journal done and then I can doze of in the chair for an hour before deciding what to watch on TV tonight, no Downton Abbey as that finished last week so will have to see what is on.

What a lot of tosh on the TV tonight, looks like it will be three films tonight, 5.50 it is "The Great Escape" at 9.00 "Hang em High" and 11.15 "Young Guns" although I will probably be in bed by 11.00.

That has been a very good day today, I really enjoyed being out in the sunshine, but am know knackered so a shot nap in the chair for an hour I think so until tomorrow I will say Toodle pip

No comments:

Post a Comment