Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A visit to transylvania.

BBC 1 Breakfast Presenters
Well here we are again and another Tuesday dawns bright and early as well as wet and windy {thats the weather not me} had a decent nights sleep last night and slept through from 11.00 pm until 6.45 am, although I did wake at about 3.30 but went back off to sleep quite quickly. So Up and make a coffee and take it back to bed and watch the TV news until 7.45 when I go into the lounge to await Amanda the carer.

Rain along the south coast.
The Weather forecast for today is not so good, it looks like we have some heavy rain and gale force winds hitting the South Coast of the UK this afternoon, hopefully the weather will behave this morning as today is shopping day at Asda,

Amanda , Full of beans.
However it is now 8.15 and Amanda has arrived, she is her normal cheery self and is looking forward to her days off on Thursday and Friday this week, That means I will have new carers those two days and hopefully they will actually get here this time as last time Amanda was on her days of no one turned up. Anyway Amanda washes and grooms me and I am ready for the day ahead.

Castle Dracula
AKA Eastney health centre.
I text Pauline to let her know that all is done and dusted and at 9.00 am Pauline rings back to say she has booked a Taxi for 10.00 o-clock to come round and collect me as I have to go and see Debbie today to give blood for my regular blood test,s, Last time I had a low red blood cell count and after this weekend my GP has ordered a full blood test including checking my ck levels.

At 10.10 Pauline arrives with the Taxi and off we go up to the Eastney Health Centre AKA Castle Dracula, I always say that we are taking a trip to Transylvania when I go for my blood test as I am sure Debbie is related to the Vampires.

Debbie
I present myself to reception to collect my number and the receptionist says that My GP wants to do a follow up with me on Monday after my not feeling well over the weekend, just to check that all is OK. It is nice to think that I have this level of medical care.I get my Number and I am number 15, so there are two people in front of me, so it is not to long to wait before it is my turn to go in and see Debbie and give my blood, Debbie says that the results should be back with the Doctor on Thursday so that is OK as they will phone if there is any problem and I am seeing the Doctor on Monday.

On the way home.
 So all is done and we make our way outside and phone for a Taxi to take us home to collect the wheel chair and then off down to Asda to do the shopping. We arrive at Asda and Pauline has to go to the pet shop to get a couple of items for Misty and then we go for a coffee before heading into Asda to get the weekly shop, It is not so busy today so we make good progress around and get all that we want, pay for it and go outside to phone the Taxi to take us home,

Haddock Mornay Meal.
I do not know where the time goes these days it is now 1.00 pm so make a coffee and put away the shopping and then it is 1.30 and time for Pauline to head back home and for me to get some lunch and then settle down with the Laptop and the TV for what is left of the afternoon, Just have some Scotch Broth and a Crisp bread as I will be having an early dinner as I will be round to see leanne and her dad tonight. so I got myself a nice Asda  Haddock Mornay ready meal for tonight that will be quick and easy to do. so now all I need to do is get todays edition of the Daily Journal posted and then relax until 6.00 when I will get dinner ready, so until tomorrow I will say Good Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment