Saturday, December 3, 2011

Another excellent Saturday:

A decent nights sleep.
Well here we are again, Another saturday and the weather today is cold but sunny and dry until this evening when it is said that the rain and wind will return to the south coast. Well not a bad night last night, went to bed about 10.15 and woke a couple of times throughout the night but basically slept through until 7.00 am this morning so happy with that, also I have decided that I am going to cut down on the amount of coffee I am drinking as I am having a few problems with gastric reflux so hopefully that will help. I do take 30 mg Lamprazole every day and I also have a  cup and spill stomach", and I have noticed that since I am starting to puree my food less and eating more solid food that the reflux seems to be increasing, so will have to mention that to my GP when I see him on Monday.

Easy Porridge for breakfast.
However it is 7.00 a,m so time to get a cup of tea and watch a bit of news on TV until 8.00 and then up for Breakfast before the carer comes, It will be a different one today as Amanda does not work weekends and it was claire on Thursday and Friday. but she is not working today either. so at 8.15 I go and get some porridge made for breakfast and then settle down with the laptop to see who is on Facebook and to see if there is any News about the Soccer today as Portsmouth are Playing at home today against Coventry.

Well I enjoyed the porridge and just as I am settling down to watch the TV, the phone rings and it is my Brother Pat, He has phoned to say that He and my niece Holly are going to be going over to Havant early afternoon to visit my Sisters stall at the Christmas craft fair at "Making Space" in Leigh park and did I want to go with them.
Washed and groomed.
I said of course I would love to go over with them so he said they will be down to pick me up about 1.30 pm so that will be great, so I will be looking forward to that, anyway just after he goes off the phone there is a knock at the front door and it is the carer, I have seen this lady before but that was some weeks ago, anyway she knows what my requirements are and soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead.

I phone Pauline and let her know that I am all sorted for the day and that pat will be down to take me over to see Eileen and Chris at Havant, and then my son Gervase rings to make sure that all is OK, so now I can get back to checking my emails and seeing who is around on facebook.  by now it is 10.30 so need to take a short stroll round to Tesco Express to get some milk and also get a Egg Mayonaise Sandwich as I will have a early lunch today if I am going out with Pat and Holly, get back home and settle down with a glass of Juice and then decide to have a shave and sort out what clothes to wear.
Open Space Studios at Leigh Park
The Christmas Fair is as I said being held over at "Making Space" in Leigh Park. Making Space is a  is a  purpose built craft centre, and Eileen and chris run their pottery course over there. so am looking forward to the trip out to see them

So the time is now 12.00 pm so time for medication and lunch which takes about 30 min,s as I need to eat the Sandwich slowly but it goes down a treat so that is enjoyable and then to get dressed ready for Pat coming to pick me up. At 1.oo pm Holly phones to say they are just leaving Fareham so will be with me by about 1.30 so that is just about right, true to her word they arrive just after 1.00 pm so I get in the car and off we go, it will take about 20 mins to get there and as I will not be walking far I leave the Wheelchair at home and just take the walking stick.
Left to right. "Eileen, Pat,Chris, Holly.
At the Decima Design Stall.
As it happens it takes about 30 minutes to arrive, Pat drops Holly and I outside the Building and goes to park the car, I see Eileen through the window so give a tap and she is surprised to see us and comes out to greet us, pat walks back and we all go in to the craft fair. There are a few nice stalls around and Eileen and Chris are doing OK with the "Decima Design" stall they have set up with their handmade Christmas tree decorations, The Raku pots , and Raku Photo tiles which is drawing a lot of Interest, anyway we have a nice chat and then I have a look round at the other stalls and then goes back to Eileen and Chris,s stall and Chris makes me a decaffeinated coffee and Pat and Holly go and look at the other stalls.

The time certainly goes by fast and it is soon time to make our way back home, Pat and Holly bring me home and drop me off and then make there way back to fareham, and I go and make a nice cup of tea and have a sit down as I am feeling a little tired, it is just turned 4.00 pm so I have been out for about 2½ hours and really enjoyed myself, so get the heating on and enjoy my cup of tea and then start to get this blog done.
Fratton Park
Portsmouth were playing Coventry at Fratton park today so it is now 5.45 and I will go and have a look at the local news site and see how we have done today. Well a good result today Portsmouth 2 Coventry 1 so a lot of happy people in Portsmouth tonight,

Well that is it for today, will get this posted to my blog and the think about dinner, I am having a M&S Haddock in cheese sauce with mashed Potato and Savoy Cabbage, it is a ready meal so with a little extra cheese sauce it should be ok to eat without having to puree it, not sure about the cabbage, will have to make sure I cut it up well and chew it well but if I can,t eat the cabbage then it is not the end of the world, so until tomorrow and whatever that may bring I wish you all a good Evening/Afternoon or Morning depending where you are on the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment