Thursday, December 29, 2011

Another song to my repertoire

♫♪♫♪♫Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,♫♪♫♪♫
 Another one bites the dust.
♫♪♫♪♫Boom, Boom, Boom, Boom,♫♪♫♪♫ 
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, And another one gone
Another one bites the Dust,
Hey I'm Going to eat you to
Another one bites the dust 


A slight change to the words of the Queen Hit Song as I sing it to my Mr Kipling Slices, I can certainly get used to this eating Real food, mind you do not know what my Dietician will say when I see her in the new year, but then again do I really care "NO". I have just spent 10 months on a puree diet so give me a break LOL.
My Favourite Mr Kipling Slices.

Well so far so good the Dysphagia is certainly 100% better the last few weeks, I have managed a Christmas dinner and am eating more solid food than I have done for a long time, although  I have to be careful as there are still certain foods that I still cant swallow like beef, lamb and other fibrous foods and thinks like Beans are a No No, but the progress is there for all to see, I am also putting on weight as Pauline keeps pointing out.

Well another reasonable nights sleep last night and I was awake by 6.30 this morning, so after having a coffee or two in bed (With a Mr kipling Slice), I got up at 8.00 and went into the lounge to fire up the laptop and to check Facebook and my emails.

Portsmouth at 9.57 this morning.
I had a email via my Myositis in Focus site from a Lady in Canada ( Christine ) who also has Myositis as well as Systemic Sclerosis, I replied and we are now friends on facebook and hopefully she will join some of the Myositis groups on Facebook.

Well the weather is not that clever here in Portsmouth at the moment it is quite cloudy and windy and not that warm, it probably won't get any better as the day goes on and the forecast is for rain, anyway time to get some breakfast, Porridge today I think and then a short walk round to Tesco Express to get coffee, milk, Juice, I need to go Early as my brother Pat is coming down this morning to set up my wireless Router for the broadband. 

Expensive Coffee.
It is now 10.00 am so off I go round to Tesco express and this is the point where I detest the marketing ploys of these big Company,s. Normally I would be paying £1.35 for a 100 gm jar of coffee, this morning it is £1.65. I know why they do this, come the new year they will reduce the price back to the original £1.35 and say they are reducing the price as a saving to the customer. This is one marketing ploy that all the large stores participate in. anyway I am now back home and settling down with a coffee and the Daytime TV.   


My Brother Pat.
It is now 11.00 and pat phones to say he will be here about 11.30 and true to his word he arrives at 11.23. It is good to see him and he takes his Birthday card with him as it is his 65th Birthday on the 1st of January.  I make a coffee and we have that with some Mr Kipling Slices (Again) and Pat sets up the wireless broadband for me so that is OK and then he makes his way back home about 12.45. I get back on the laptop and at 1.45 decide to get some lunch so as I did yesterday I have some smoked Haddock with butter and a couple of crispbread.


Well I enjoyed lunch so now to get the lunchtime medication out of the way and get back to what I do best. ( Watch TV and Facebook) 


It is now approaching 3.20 and it is very cloudy outside and raining and starting to get dark so I will get todays Journal finished and posted onto my blog and then put on the heating, draw the curtains and settle to watch the film " On the Buses" at   3.55 on ITV3+1. so until tomorrow which is Methotrexate Friday" I will say Adios Amigo's.

No comments:

Post a Comment