Sunday, December 25, 2011

Santa Has Been

And a merry christmas one and all and so after 364 days Christmas day is here one again. Had a really good nights sleep last night, went to bed about 10.30 and got woken at about 2.00 am to the sound of the wind blowing the rain against the window, got up to use the bathroom and saw a light in the garden, thought that it was a bright moon,so looked out and saw some old fellow in a silly red suit trying to climb a ladder on to the roof. anyway he gave up after several attempt,s and left a sack of parcels outside the door. Thought it was the postman come early, anyway next thing is I see him climbing into a sleigh and then away it flies being pulled by 6 reindeer, so went back to be and woke up at 9.00 am. ( Yes Folks SANTA has been )

Well I go and make a coffee and then settle down with the TV and the Laptop for a lazy morning, I get some Breakfast at 10.00 and then phone my sister and text my brother and also Pauline. Gervase phones to say that they are aiming for a 3.00 pm dinner so I book a taxi for 1.45 to get round to them by 2.00 pm.
Pauline phones and we have a chat and then I check the emails and watch the film (Miracle on 34th street) one of my favourite Christmas films. once that is finished I go and get ready and changed for the Taxi to arrive.




Well Taxi duly arrives and off we go to Gervase and leanne,s. Dave is there when I arrive and Elaine arrives about 2.45 so we are all there.It is a super afternoon, I had a really good meal of (Turkey, Roast Potato, stuffing, roast Parsnip, Mashed Swede,  Honey Glazed Carrot, sprout,s and plenty of gravy) I only put up a small meal for me, and ate it all and had a second lot. it was goal achieved, I ate a Christmas dinner with not a blender in sight. Gervase and leanne had been up since 7.00 am preparing and cooking so Thank You Gervase and Leanne.

We spend the afternoon chatting and watching TV and at 7.30 Dave gives me a lift home and I settled down to get this journal done for today and then Downton Abbey on at 9.00 pm so a really good Christmas day.
Sorry this is so short today but I am all worn out after a very exciting day, normal service will resume tomorrow. Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment