Sunday, December 18, 2011

Short back and Sides.

Awake and feeling refreshed.
And another very good day to one and all, Cant believe that this time next Sunday Santa would have been and it will be Christmas day, The year has gone by in a flash, anyway it was a very good nights sleep last night so I am certainly feeling the benefit of changing to Decaffeinated coffee.
Went to bed at 11.00 last night and although I woke up briefly at 1.15  I son went back off to sleep until I woke at 7.30 this morning. So good nights sleep, one of the better nights I have had over the last few month,s.

Portsmouth harbour 9.00 am Sunday.
So Off I go to get a coffee and then back into bed to watch the TV News, as it is Sunday I stay in bed until 8.45 before going into the lounge and watching the Andrew Marr Show on BBC 1, I think the carer is Mick again today, so do not know what time he will get here today so go and get some porridge for breakfast. It is not a bad day outside today, very cold about 2 or 3 degrees C but it is bright as you can see from the picture of Portsmouth Harbour taken off the live webcam at 9.00 am this morning


Mel the Carer.
As I am eating my Porridge Pauline sends a text to say She and Gordon are off out to deliver some Christmas Cards and then will be coming in so Gordon can give me a Hair Cut. anyway Then there is a knock on the front door and it is Mel the Carer. That is a surprise as UI was expecting MIck, but it is a nice surprise as Mel is far Prettier than Mick, Anyway we have a good natter as she gets me washed and groomed and then she is on her way. I then go and got dressed and get ready for Pauline and Gordon to arrive.



Gordon the Barber
It is now 10.00 am and Pauline and Gordon Arrive, so I go and make the coffee and we sit and chat for 10 min,s then Pauline goes off round to get some Shopping and Gordon starts to give me a hair cut. It is surprising how my hair has grown as although it has got quite fine it has grown long at the back and is starting to curl at the neck line, reminds me of the days I used to have a pony tail. Anyway Pauline gets back with her shopping and Gordon has finished the Haircut. It feels so much better now it has been cut, so all neat and tidy ready for Christmas.


Pauline and Gordon.
Well that is the haircut sorted and now Pauline and Gordon make their way home and I get the cups washed up and then settle down with the laptop and the TV until it is time to get some lunch at about 12.30. My son Gervase is coming round about 12.45 today to watch the Football on the TV with me as Portsmouth are playing Southampton today at Fratton Park and it is live on BBC 1 at 1.00 pm. It should be an interesting match as it is a local Derby match.



Lovely Chicken Soup.
It is Now 12.06 and gervase just phoned to say he will be leaving home in about 5 min,s and walking round as the parking is horrendous around here on match day so I will need to go and get lunch started.

I decide to have some Chicken soup today with a couple of crispbread, so get out into the kitchen to heat up the soup, when  Gervase turns up, it is now 12.30 so he is here in plenty of time for the match, as I am having my lunch. Gervase borrows my Electric razor to trim his beard, as I have a hair trimmer attachment on the razor, Anyway the soup goes down a treat and then once Gervase has finished trimming his beard we settle down to watch the match.




Portsmouth Team shirt
2011.
The first half is not to bad and we go in at Half time with the score line Portsmouth 0 Southampton 0. The second half gets off to a bad start as soon Southampton score a goal and we are losing, but towards the end of the match we score a goal, so we end the match with a score line of Portsmouth 1 Southampton 1, much to everyone's relief. Once the match ends, gervase makes a move home to miss the crowds, and I notice the Police Helicopter circling over Fratton Park.

Well it has been an excellent day today I feel better with the haircut and it was nice to spend time watching Football with Gervase, something we have not done since about the year 2000. Where does the time go. anyway soon be time to think about dinner, Tonight I will be trying 4 skinless sausages with a couple of Hash Brown,s and mushy peas. plus lots of gravy so I will look forward to that, so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment