Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stormy Thursday :

Is it time to get up already.
Well here we are then folks, another Thursday, the weather for today is not very good, milder than the last few days but with increasing wind and rain coming in from the west as the morning goes on, so won,t be going very far today. Anyway a decent nights sleep last night, woke up once about 4.00 am but went straight back to sleep until 7.15, when I got up to make a coffee and to watch the TV news in bed until 8.00 am.

Pauline Walking the Dog
Well it is now 8.00 am so get up and go to the lounge and wait for Amanda the carer to arrive. amanda arrives rather windswept on her cycle, and soon has me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead so no to go and get some wheatabix for breakfast and then text Pauline and let her know that all is well here, I should imagine pauline will be feeling rather windswept today taking Misty out for her morning walk.

Waves along the seafront.
Well it is now about 9.40 and pauline phones to say that it is very windy down along the sea front and the common at southsea this morning, so we decide that Pauline will come round about 10.30 and then we will just go down to lidl and the Tesco express today as the weather is starting to deteriorate so not advisable to go down to city centre today. so I go and get a shave and then get dressed ready for when Pauline gets here.

Lidl, Portsmouth.
Pauline arrives spot on 10.30, so we decide that we will get straight of to Lidl which is along Goldsmith Avenue so not to far, I will walk and push the wheelchair and see how far I can get before the leg muscles start to hurt, and then I can ride in the wheelchair, well not so bad today managed to walk all the way there and about half way through the shopping in the store so pleased with that, so now to ride in the wheel chair, Pauline gets a few items and I get some crisp Breads, Mr Kipling lemon slices and some dog treats for Misty, and then we make our way out and back to the Tesco Express and then home for a sit down in the warm and a nice cup of coffee and some cake. by this time it is 12.00 so we have been out for 1½ hours so we have done well.

Portsmouth Harbour 3.35 pm today
I make the coffee and Pauline and I have a couple of Mr Kipling lemon slices each and at 12.30 I phone the taxi to take Pauline home and I settle down to the TV and the Laptop, At 1.00 pm I get some chicken soup and Crisp Bread for lunch and then take the lunchtime Medication and then settle down to a lazy afternoon, The weather is getting really nasty outside with very dark skies, high wind and squally rain showers, certainly the day to be indoors, and Gad I am not up in Scotland or the North of England with the storms and Snow that they are having up there.
I capture a  picture off of the Portsmouth harbour webcam showing how dark and gloomy the weather is

Well that is about it for today, just had a phone call from my Son Gervase to say he is on his way home from work, he has a tele conference at 4.30 and that he will be in to see me on the way home from work. but it depends on how long the Tele Conference is as to what time he will get here. so will now get a nice coffee and settle down with daytime TV until I get dinner started at 5.30.I am having Pork chop tonight with steamed New potatoes in Parsley butter, Cauliflower and Broccoli, I will have to Puree the Pork chop as meat is one of the foods I still have to puree but the vegetable will be OK now,so will look forward to dinner, so until tomorrow and the dreaded Methotrexate I will say Cheerio for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment