Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sunny Wednesday

And another Wednesday is upon us, I have just realised that it is only 10 days until Christmas eve, makes you wonder where the year has gone, still at least I am more prepared this year than I was last year, thinking back I now realize how ill I was at this time last year although at the time I had no idea what this year had in store for me However !!!!

"Wait For Me" Bloody Trains always late.
Had a really good nights sleep last night. after spending a couple of hours round at my son Gervase,s house with his wife leanne and her dad Dave, Poor gervase had all kinds of Problems getting home from work yesterday evening, Gervase works at Haywards Heath and commutes daily by Train, this is normally a 2 hour journey via brighton and Havant, yesterday it took him 4 hours,  There was a person got hit by a train at East Croydon so trains were Delayed/cancelled arriving at Haywards Heath, Then there was a fire at Brighton Railway station so they had to close that for a while, then when gervase eventually gets to Havant there is another delay as the train to Portsmouth from london is delayed due to signal problems outside Waterloo due to cable theft. so to say he was really pissed of is an understatement. He eventually made it home at 8.30 ( 2 Hours Late )

Portsmouth Harbour and the Spinnaker Tower
08.15 am this morning.
As I said a good nights sleep, got to bed about 11.00 last night and woke this morning at 6.30 so a good 7 hours of interrupted sleep. The weather is not to bad this morning although it is very cold, but we are expecting some heavy rain showers and sunny spells later in the afternoon, with the winds increasing through the night, not the day to be going out in the afternoon, so I need to get a coffee made and then get into the lounge to watch the news on TV and await Amanda the carer to arrive.

Amanda is a little later today and does not arrive until 8.30, but it does not take long to get me washed and groomed and then she is on her way and I go and get some breakfast ( Porridge this morning ) and then text Pauline to let her know all is OK here and I am ready for the day ahead.

Local Tesco Express
At the moment it is sunny outside so I decide to make a move round to the "Tesco Express" and get the milk and Fruit drinks, as I had a phone call from Pauline to see if I wanted to go down to her place this afternoon as her Sister and Brother in-law ( Fran and Colin) are visiting her today, so depends on how i feel and on the weather I may or may not go down. anyway get the little bit of shopping I need and then get back home because although it is blue sky and sunshine it is very cold.


On the Laptop.
Well I am back indoors now, and it is 10.00 am so time to have a coffee and a sit down and fire up the laptop to check e-mails and to see who is around on facebook, I also need to phone the doctors and also the speech therapist.  spoke to the doctor about my medication and to arrange the repeat prescription, Phoned the speech therapist but had to leave a message on her answering machine.
In Good Company "Rock On"

It is now 11.15 so time for a complan shake to tide me over until lunch time, and then back on the laptop and some daytime TV and then get some lunch about 1.00 pm, so make the complan shake and just settle down with the TV when the Phone rings and it is Dawn, the speech Therapist, I tell her about the fact that I am starting to eat more solids, so she wants me to go and see her on Friday for a swallowing assessment, so that is OK. so a good morning so far I think.

Well it is now 1.20 so time to get some lunch, I am having a small piece of smoked haddock today with butter and 2 crisp breads, and a nice cup of tea. The Haddock is a Asda boil in the bag, I microwave it for 1.30 minutes and it is very enjoyable, and adding extra butter helps to swallow it without to many problems.

Nightingale road to see pauline,Fran,Gordon and Colin.
Anyway I am now going to have a shave and make my way by Taxi to Pauline,s to see Fran and Colin ( Pauline,s Sister and Brother in-law) and also Gordon if he is home from work yet.

Well I get to Pauline,s and misty as usual comes to meet me,  Fran and Colin are there as is Gordon so it is nice to see everyone, Pauline makes me a coffee and I pinch a chocolate cake bar and we go and sit in the front room and have a nice chat for an hour or so and then it is time for me to make a move back home, so phone for a taxi and come back home again. I enjoyed seeing Fran and Colin but I am now back home and it is now 3.40 so settle down with the laptop to write todays Journal.

View across Portsmouth Harbour from Gosport at 4.20
today showing the rain clouds building.
The sky is starting to get very dark now so I am glad I am indoors, also the temperature is dropping and the heating bills are Rising,  it is now 4.20 and I am going to make a nice hot chocolate and then get todays edition of the Journal finished and Posted and then it will be time for Pointless and then think about getting dinner on.  I think it will be Pork Chop tonight (Pureed) with Potato, and mashed Swede and Carrot so that will be very Tasty.

Anyway time to get this posted, it has been a very good and productive day today so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment