Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Wednesday Jaunt.

I really can tell the Time.
And so we go into Wednesday, Christmas bank holidays are over for another year and we are back to almost a normal couple of days until New Years Eve kicks in on Saturday. Had a good night last night, went down to my Son,s for a couple of hours yesterday evening, and his wife Leanne,s dad gave me a lift home about 9.15. it was a good evening and nice to see Gervase, Leanne and Dave. Got to bed about 10.45 and slept through until 4.30 when I got up to go to the bathroom then went back to bed and woke again at 8.00 am so pleased with that.

Got up at 8.30, made a coffee and went into  the lounge to watch the News on TV. Text Gervase and Pauline to let then know all is OK and then checked my emails and went to see who is on facebook.
Portsmouth at 9.30 this morning.
At 9.30 decide to get some breakfast and decided on Cocoa pops today, and very nice they are to, it is now 9.45 and had not heard from Pauline so Phone to see if she got my text and to check that she is ok, The lazy woman only had a lie in this morning, and has only just got up. "What is the world coming to"


Anyway I go and get dressed and have a quick shave and then get the washing up done and get the refuse bagged up ready to go out tonight as it is the Bin Men Tomorrow, I like to get it sorted early so I don,t forget tonight when I get tired, and forget, anyway the weather is very cloudy today so don't know if it is going to rain or not as there are a lot of grey clouds around this morning.

Paying the Bills.
The morning is going by quite quickly and it is now 10.00 and I decide I am going to go down to the Commercial road precinct to pay a cheque into the bank, I need to get it payed in today as it takes 5 working days to clear and next week is the main week of the month when all the direct debits go out to pay the bills "I hate the first week of the month", anyway I need to see if I can get down and back on my own as I am so determined to regain total independence back from this bloody Myositis.

Bus stop in Goldsmith avenue looking west.
So I get ready and decide I will go down by bus. that was "Mistake Number 1". went round to the bus stop in Goldsmith avenue only just round the corner from my house and wait for the number 17 bus. it is 10.20 and the bus is due at 10 26 so I wait, and wait, and wait, good job there is a bus shelter as it starts to rain, and I wait, and wait,................... eventually the bus comes at 10 50 "no that is wrong 2 number 17 buses come at 10.50" oh well its probably safer traveling in two,s. anyway the bus is pretty full but I find a seat, then at the next stop a few more people get on, now I make "Mistake no. 2", there are a couple of elderly ladies get on and have to stand, Where are peoples manners these days, not one person male or female offered them there seat, so I offer mine to one of the ladies and I stand, at least I have my cane for support, but by the time we get to town my legs are starting to hurt.

Commercial road Precinct today.
Anyway we arrive in town and it is still raining but thankfully it is only a light rain so get into the Bank and pay in the cheque and then decide to take a slow walk through the precinct to Marks and Spencer and get a nice ready meal for tonight. it is quite busy down here today, although i thought it would be busier as the schools are on holiday. but it is very nice to be out in the fresh air, and it has stopped raining although the ground is still very wet and the weather is quite mild, my  legs are aching so I don't think I will stay down here long.

Children,s rides and German Market.
anyway as I said I make my way to Marks and Spencer and get a nice Ready meal of Chicken breast in a bacon and cheese sauce with mashed Potato and Carrot so that will go down a treat, I love being of the Puree diet. well that is enough for me time to get home and rest before I over stretch myself so I make my way back to the Taxi rank near the bank as I am going to get a Taxi home, as I am starting to feel the strain on my upper legs and hips. I walk slowly down past the children.s rides which have been set up in the precinct over Christmas they are here every year along with a "German" Market as well, the rides are not busy due in part to the weather and partly to the economic climate.

Well I get to the Taxi rank and get a taxi home, glad to be back indoors so now I can settle down to a nice rest with a cup of coffee it is 12.30 so have been out for a good 2 hours in total  anyway time for some TV and Face book, I will get some lunch at 2.00 pm as I didn't have breakfast until late.

Time for a cat Nap
It is now 2.00 pm so I get some lunch of Smoked Haddock in butter with 2 crispbread followed by 2 Mr Kipling victoria jam slices, "YUM" "YUM", "sorry Pauline, More weight going on" anyway it is now 3.10 and I am getting to the stage where I need to have a lie down, I enjoyed today but after the last few days of Christmas and all the excitement, todays trip out was very exhausting still I Did It, and the legs are not to bad now so I will get this journal posted on my blog and then have a cat nap. so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Frank, pretty nice day. Even when I was still using the walker all the time, I would feel I had to stand up for older ladies or give then my walker seat to sit on,sometimes they were younger than me if I thought about it!

    ReplyDelete