Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another Shopping day ahead

200 Today.
And so here we are again and today we have hit a milestone of 200 continuous days of my Daily Journal It was on Saturday the 2nd of July 2011 that I decided to start my Daily Journal so Friends and Family could follow my Journey with Myositis. I started my First Posting with a Paragraph which was as follows:


Saturday 2nd July 2011
Well here we are, starting July, does not seem like it is 6 weeks since I was released home from QA, Hospital at Cosham and 9 weeks since being admitted to Southampton General Hospital and being diagnosed with this crap condition.


A lot has happened in these 200 days since then, I have learned a lot about this Disease and also of what I can and what I cannot do. Progress has been slow, but at least I have made some Progress.


When I started my Daily Journal I was on 10 mg of Methotrexate a week on a Friday and 30 mg of Prednisolone every day,  Now I am on 15 mg of Methotrexate on what has now become known as Freaky Fridays and have tapered my Prednisolone down to 10 mg Daily.


I have seen Dr Gibb my Neurologist twice since then and he has been pleased with my Progress as have the Speech Therapist, and Dietician, I was at that time having weekly blood tests now I am on Monthly blood tests, My breathing has improved 100% and my Dysphagia has improved to the point where I am no longer on a puree Diet but am on a soft lump diet and eating so much better and enjoying my food again, although not yet up to beef burger,s although I have managed a MacDonald,s Cheese Burger.
Nearly Energetic.


My weight is returning slowly, when I was diagnosed with Dermatomyositis my weight had dropped from 13.5 stone to 8.5 stone when I saw the dietitian yesterday my weight was 11.25 stone this coincides with my eating more solid food and having a better diet.So over the 200 days I am now more mobile, I have tapered down my Prednisolone, I am getting my strength back, I am more energetic and I have developed a wicked sense of humour so just hope the next 200 days are as positive.


So there you are we now return to todays episode. Woke this morning full of the joys of spring, slept pretty well last night and will be going shopping today at Asda in Fratton with Pauline. It is not a bad day today although it is cold and pretty dull outside at least it ids dry, The Picture from the harbour webcam for 9.20 today shows a fair bit of cloud but it is to high for rain. 


Left, Right, Left, Right
Amanda comes at 8.20 today, she has her cycle repaired and soon has me washed and groomed for the day ahead and Pauline phones to say she has booked a Taxi for 10.45 to collect me and go to asda. I am not taking the wheelchair today as I am going to walk it with the shopping trolley, If I find the leg or thigh muscles  get to painful, then I can sit and wait for Pauline but I am hopeful that after Saturday,s walk that I can manage a little more daily walking.


My son Gervase will be round to see me this morning about 9.15. He is taking his car to the Local "Mr Clutch" for its M.O.T. today, this will take an hour or so. He has arranged with work to" Work from home today" so he will plug his laptop into my broadband , he also has a phone conference at 10.00 for 50 minutes,. then he car and pick up his car when it is ready. It is now 10. 50 and Pauline is on her way in the Taxi and Gervase has been Notified that his car is ready and Passed the M.O.T test and all is Ok, all they had to do was replace 1 front nearside light bulb. so he is happy and leaves to collect his car and head home as Pauline arrives to collect me to go shopping.


Well we arrive at Asda and it is not that busy, We get a trolley and we go and wander round Asda getting the items that we need, It is nice to be able to walk with the trolley for support and actually see what there is ,especially at the fresh fish counter as in a wheelchair it is impossible to see the fish. No problems so far and certainly quicker than a wheel chair, {Less aggravation}, anyway we get want we want and then phone for a taxi back home.


Now back home I make a coffee and we get the shopping put away and then have a nice fresh Sausage roll, with the coffee and have a chat, Gordon is away in Salisbury tonight as He has an early job to start tomorrow. well It is now time for Pauline to make her way home so I phone for her Taxi, and after pauline goes I settle down with the laptop to get this journal written.
Gervase and Leanne.
I have a nice piece of Smoked Haddock for this evening as I need to have my meal early as I will be going down to see Gervase and Leanne tonight for a couple of hours, so that is why I want to get todays Journal finished posted early.

So there we are people in 200 days I have made good strides forward, with a few backward steps thrown in to keep me on my toes, and I intend to carry on writing my daily journal and hope that you will still enjoy reading about my battle with Dermatomyositis and the good and bad times encountered on the way. so until tomorrow I will say Tatty Bye.



No comments:

Post a Comment