Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Asda Mayhem.

Good morning and Welcome to another exciting day in the life of Frank !!!!. I am going to write to the British Parliament with a recommendations for consideration, and that  is to designate The second Tuesday in February as a Public holiday with the title "Asda Idiots "

A good Nights Sleep.
I had a decent nights sleep last night and woke this morning feeling really fresh and ready for the day ahead, little did I know what was in store for me today. however the weather is not to bad today so speak to Pauline and she is going to book a taxi for 10.30 to come and collect me and the wheel chair and then we will be off to Asda to do the shopping.

Shaved, Dressed and ready to go.
"Watch out girls Here comes Frankie."
However First I need to get some breakfast and the Amanda arrives at 8.20 and gets me washed and groomed ready for the day ahead, so now that that is all done I settle down in the arm chair to watch a little bit of TV, and to check my emails and facebook on the laptop until 10.00 when I go and get a shave and get dressed ready for when Pauline gets here. The weather is starting to get brighter and the temperature is into double numbers so that is quite pleasant, anyway decide to wear a collar and tie today. no idea why but what the hell, I can wear what I want at my age. So there I am all ready for when pauline comes.



cool cat in a wheelchair.
Pauline arrives at about 10.40, Pauline has brought my washing with her, so leave that in the lounge, get the wheelchair into the Taxi and off we go to Asda, at the Fratton Bridge Centre. and this is where the start of "Comedy Tuesday". It started with the taxi driver really, he gets in the wrong lane approaching the roundabout at the end of Goldsmith avenue, so has to go the long way round to Asda, " I had more intelligent learner drivers when I had my Driving School" anyway we arrive at Asda and get the wheelchair out of the taxi and off we go into Asda.

Once in Asda we seem to attract all the "Shopping Trolley Pushers" I think that there would be a lot of money to be made by anyone who could write and publish a "Shopping Trolleys for Dummy,s" Book.  anyway after negotiating "badly parked trolleys", trolleys being pushed by  compulsive phone texters" "wide bottomed" trolley pushers in Narrow Aisles, and "Child screaming" Trolley pushers we eventually come across Aisles partially blocked by cages of produce being transfered to shelves by "dis-interested staff"
 Why do the staff in these big stores find the most annoying way to park there cages of stock, if they put them in the centre of the aisle so that there was room to pass both sides with a trolley or wheelchair there would not be half the problems caused, but for some reason they find the need to park them up close to the shelves causing all kinds of problems for customers trying to get the produce off the shelf. Still perhaps it s just me getting old and cantankerous in my old age.

This leads me to the sales assistants who has a different kind of reasoning to me. Example that actually happened today. at the fresh fish counter I decided to get a sea bream fillet in a cook-in bag wit butter and that was priced at £2.28, I also asked for a Smoked Haddock fillet also in a cook-in bag with butter. the sales assistant asked if I wanted the "smoked haddock that was in the "any two fish for  £4.00 " section or one of the other haddock fillets " I said "I would go for the 2 for £4.00 deal." his reply was " I have not got any of those left, I have just sold the last one" My reply was " Why b@@@@y ask then" I really do give up today.

Well I can tell you I was so glad when we got to the checkout, it was one of the regular cashiers a very pleasant young lady, so that was good until some dozy employee decided to park a trolly full of rubbish right in front of the wheel chair, blocking our access to the end of the checkout, there are very few checkouts that are wide enough to take a wheelchair and those that are are marked with the wheelchair access sign, so that was another rude remark coming out of my mouth. Where do these company,s employ there staff from, But I will say that the good staff in Asda outnumber the incompetent, It is just that today all the incompetent staff and all the "Not so Good trolley pushers" were out in force. Apart from that it has been a good day.

Well Back home now, had lunch and coffee and looking forward to going down to see my son Gervase this evening for a few hours. so Until tomorrow i will say tatty bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment