Monday, January 2, 2012

Back to Normality Today, almost

I was woken up at half past four
by the sound of someone Knocking
Knocking at my Door.

I hurried down to answer it.
the door was tightly locked
It was Amanda, My carer there
The bloody clock had stopped.

A good nights sleep.
Not really, just made that up, thought I would start the year in a silly mood, I had a good nights sleep last night and woke at about 7.00 am , made a coffee and watched some TV in bed until 8.00 am when I got up and into the Lounge as Amanda my Carer is is back today after her christmas break, I cancelled the carer for over the holiday period as I did not want to be sat around every day waiting for a carer and wondering if one would arrive. But family and friends were around over the holiday and my son was working from home for the week but back to normal today.

Amanda in a rush today.
Well I am in the lounge and it is a nice day outside today Blue sky and Sunshine, Amanda arrives as usual at 8.20 and she has had a nice christmas with her family, anyway she soon has me washed and groomed, and ready for the day ahead, although as it is bank holiday, Portsmouth FC are playing at fratton park today so it will be busy around here so I will not be going far today, Need to go round to Tesco Express but that is all,  anyway Amanda makes her way to her next client and I get myself some porridge for breakfast and settle down with the Laptop and the TV. 



Off Round Tesco.
Once  have had my Breakfast I  go and get dressed and then I decide that as it is a nice day outside I will go round to Tesco early and get it over and done with so get myself wrapped up warm and off I go, it does not take me long now as I am making good improvement at the moment, I get some fruit Juice,Milk and a cottage pie for dinner and a paper and then make my way back home, I am back indoors by 10.00 and so I put the shopping away and make a coffee and think that I had better go and Text Pauline as I have not text her yet.

Pauline phoned this
Morning.


How ever before I can text Pauline, the phone rings and it is Pauline phoned to see if I am OK as I have not sent a text today, It is nice to have friends like pauline as she visits twice weekly to take me out shopping etc, she takes me to my doctor and Hospital appointments and always checks every morning to make sure I am OK, and Gordon and Pauline often pop in and see me on a weekend, as does my Son Gervase so I think myself very lucky.



Acid Reflux rules OK.
Well it is now getting on for 2.00 pm, It has been a relaxing morning so far and now it is time to get some lunch, I have changed my eating pattern so that I now have my main meal at lunch time and have a lighter meal in the evening, I have changed this as I have found that my Digestive system is trying to get used to digesting solid food again after so long on a puree diet, so by taking my Lamprazole earlier in the day and having a lighter meal in the evening I am controlling the acid reflux better, I see my dietician later this month so will have a chat to her about my diet/foods to avoid etc. But it is so much better to be able to eat "Real Food". Anyway a nice Cottage pie for lunch today. 

Enjoyed my lunch, it is now 3.35 and time for a coffee and Biscuits and then get this Journal posted and settle down to a evening of TV. I am watching " Sister Act II " at the moment , one of my Favourite Films.

Ready for the Great
South run.
Well My new years Resolution is to do the 5 km walk in aid of the UK Myositis Support group. This takes place in Portsmouth on the 28th October 2012. as part of the Bupa Great South Run. I will have a word with my Doctor and also my Consultant and as long as they agree I will start to prepare on the Extra day this leap year (29th February) that will give me 8 months to get ready for it, If I have to complete it in a wheel chair then so be it but I intend to walk the complete 5 km, Only time will tell.

Well that is all for today, tomorrow I have Blood test in the morning at the Eastney Health Centre and then shopping with Pauline at Asda, so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s.


No comments:

Post a Comment