Friday, January 20, 2012

A day of rest today

Take it easy frankie.
Good morning one and all and so we continue or Myositis journey on Freaky Friday, as many of you know ( I tell you often enough ) Friday is Methotrexate day. not my favourite day of the week as I tend like many of you to get a reaction to Methotrexate, although to be honest it has not been so bad over the last few weeks. anyway what with that and the shock of the cost of my "Woolen sock that I had to get yesterday I think today will be a day of rest.

It was a decent nights sleep last night, woke up about 2.45 for the bathroom and then slept through until the alarm went off at 7.30, should have taken the Methotrexate at 2.45 but forgot ( No I was not drunk)  so It is in to the kitchen to make a nice hot coffee and 4 Belvita Breakfast Biscuits and then into the lounge to take the Methotrexate and then I can take the Prednisolone after Amanda has been.
The Belvita Breakfast Biscuits are something I got at Tesco last week. $ of those with a Yoghurt and a piece of Fruit make an excellent change from cereal at Breakfast time.

One Day soon ?
Ok so that is the medication taken and now to settle down with the TV News until Amanda the carer arrives. I need to get her to wash my hair today, so that will freshen me up, I will be so glad when I can get into Physio and hopefully build up my muscles so that I can get back to washing and grooming myself. still until that day arrives ( and it will ) I have Amanda to help me. My leg muscles are getting stronger so we are heading in the right direction just need the shoulder muscles to follow suite.

It,s Amanda.
Anyway Amanda arrives at 8.20 and it does not take her long to get me washed, hair wash and groomed and then she is on her way to her next client and I go and get myself dressed and then have a Yoghurt and Banana and Take the Prednisolone and another coffee and then settle down with the computer and the TV. It is not a very nice day outside today so will wait for it to brighten up a bit before I go round tesco express.

The weather is not that great today, the temperature has dropped again so need the heating on low to keep the rooms snug, anyway it looks like the weather is not going to improve any time soon today very dull but at least it is dry so I go round to Tesco Express for the Milk, Fruit Drink and a paper, the walk is good exercise but I am soon back home and as it is now 11.00 I will have a Hot Chocolate Complan drink and as my old mum used to say "Complan a mea........l in a mug"


I now check facebook and emails and then search on the internet for a laptop desk I can use from my recliner chair, I use a 15" Macbook pro and at the moment I either use it on a lap tray or balanced on my knees, either way it is uncomfortable so I need a table/desk that I can use from the recliner chair as I find sitting on a chair at a desk for any length of time is uncomfortable to my Buttocks and Back and Shoulders. and as I am going to resurect my graphics site again (Film Scan studios) I need to get organised. anyway I search and find what looks like the ideal solution. It retails for about £40.00 so I will contact the company next week and get more details but it looks like it will do the trick

Well the time is now 1.30 so time to get a light lunch, so have a couple of crisp bread with cream cheese and a mango and custard desert and then go to bed for a lie down for an hour or so.
Pauline and gordon with Misty.
That was a long cat nap 1½ hours and it is now 3.30, Pauline phones to say she and gordon are back from Salisbury, they have had a busy day but they are ok so now it is a case of getting todays Journal finished and posted and then it will be time for Pointless an BBC1 at 5.15 and then at 6.00 it will be time to get dinner ready, and then an evening of TV.

Portsmouth 4.00 pm Today
At least the affects of the Methotrexate were not to bad again today and are now subsiding The weather is still really Miserable so glad I am in side in the warm, My son Gervase just Phoned to say it is the same up at Haywards Heath where he works, he is cold at the Railway Station waiting for his train Home. So that is about it for today so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s

1 comment:

  1. So glad Methotrexate and Freaky Friday was not too bad, a lady on my scleroderma site said she noticed I wrote about Metho Hangover and asked me how I took mine, she is on Pills like you and has a lot of nausea and distress, so I told her about injection as an alternative.

    ReplyDelete