Thursday, January 12, 2012

Down town we go

Where are you Pauline.
Well the one thing you can say is "life is never boring", or is it ?????????. I will not dwell on the problems with my Link to this blog yesterday as there are far better things to talk about.  you are all now familiar with my daily morning ritual by now so I will try not to bore you with that to often in the future. so I will concentrate on the shopping trip to Portsmouth city centre today with Pauline.

For those of you who do not know, Pauline is a very good long term friend of mine and is classed as Part of the family by all us Smiths.

The Pharmacy Winter Road.
Anyway Pauline rings to say she has booked a Taxi for 10.30 and will collect my prescription from the doctors and drop it of to the Pharmacy on the way to me so that the Pharmacy can deliver my medication this afternoon or tomorrow.



So Pauline arrives with the Taxi at 10 45 and the driver gets the wheelchair into the cab and off we go to commercial road precinct.
at the Bank.
The Taxi drops us off round the back of Debenham,s by the Post Office so we get the Wheelchair out of  the car and make our way into the precinct, Pauline has a problem with her right hand today, as she is waiting for the "Carpal Tunnel" operation in February. anyway the first stop is the bank so off we go, as I need to withdraw some money "This shopping lark is expensive",  anyway get into the bank and there is not a lot of people in there so does not take long and we are back out in the precinct.

Cascade shopping Arcade.
Now Pauline wants to see if she can find a jumper that she likes so we go into the Cascade shopping arcade and look around several shops like "Next" and "BHS" but cannot find anything she likes anyway we wander round the arcade and then back out into the precinct. There are not a lot of people around today and all you seem to see in the store windows are sale signs and closing down sign,s several shops are on the verge of closing down here at the moment.

Back out into the precinct and time to look at the Market stalls. Thursday, Friday and Saturday there is a street market in the Precinct, there has been a market here for years, it used to be in Charlotte street but is now in the precinct since they knocked down the Tricorn and turned it all into car parking. below are two early Photographs showing the market when it was held in Charlotte Street.

Charlotte St Market 1938
Charlotte St Market 1984











Market Today 12-01-2012
These days however the Market is held in the precinct and is not as vibrant as in the old days, however many bargains imported from Taiwan can be found. so we have a look around the stalls but there is nothing we need or want so decide that we will make our way to wilkinson,s as Pauline wants to get a couple of chewy things for Misty the dog so off we go.

This is Misty.
so we go round to Wilkinson,s and head for the pet Aisle. the prices are all very good in this store, but again all the pet food is made in Taiwan, when I used to trade in craft supplies on ebay I used to import all my stock from Taiwan, good prices and very fast delivery so you can understand why stores are going down that route, anyway that is not the point. Pauline gets what she wants, and I decide to get Misty a few treats so I get her some chewy sticks and Marrow bone biscuits, and  "Wait for it" Doggy Lollipops  and Doggy Kebab's LOL whatever next anyway pauline dumps her purchases on my lap and a woman and her daughter laugh and I say "You won't believe it but this is my dinner ", well you should have seen their faces so I say " It drives me Barking mad, and I get told of for Woofing it down" don,t really know how Pauline puts up with me. anyway we go and pay for the items and then make our way to Tesco.

Well at tesco we go and get the few pieces we need and then as it is 12.00 we decide to get some lunch in the cafeteria, today we have "Beef Goulash Soup" with croutons, it is very nice and then we have a coffee and biscuits so all in all it has been a good morning, When pauline went to get the coffee,s she asked me to watch her hand bag, I watched it for the 10 -12 minutes that she was getting the coffee but it did not move once, {I didn't have the heart to tell her I thought it was dead}

Gervase my son.
Anyway enjoyed lunch so out to phone the Taxi to take us home, once home I make some coffee,s and then we get the shopping put away, it is nearly 2.00 pm and someone knocks the front door, and it is the Pharmacy delivering my Medication so that is OK, anyway phone a taxi to take pauline home and then settle down with the laptop and the TV for the afternoon, My son Gervase will be in to see me this evening about 6.30 on his way home from work.

Well time to get this journal posted and then to settle down to the TV until it is time to get dinner ready so until tomorrow I will say Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment