Monday, January 30, 2012

A Dreary Monday

Portsmouth Harbour at 9.00 am Today.
Oh dear, and another dreary day in Portsmouth, it is Grey, Cold and Misty here today, the good news is the Snow has stayed away, there was some snow to the west of us overnight, but it stayed well away from Portsmouth, I think we are lucky as most times the Snow misses us due to the fact that we are sheltered to the south by the 'Isle of Wight" and to the north by " Portsdown Hill" so the bad weather is shunted over us, also being on the coast and surrounded by water the temperature is always higher here than in the country side.

Portsdown Hill from the Spinnaker Tower.( not my Photo)
It's too bloody cold. 
And so we start the new day, had a good day yesterday seeing my Son and then going to see pauline and Gordon, so slept well last night. Woke this morning at 6.30 and my hands are so cold and white ( Raynaud's Is back) so get some gloves on and get the heating switched on as the temperature is very low outside this morning  3⁰ c and then go and get a coffee and then back to bed to watch the news on TV until 8.00. by then the house will be warmed up and I can then get up and start the day.

The Family (Most of Us)
Oh well it's 8.00 so have to get up ready for Amanda the carer, so make another coffee and then into the lounge to continue watching the news on TV and to log onto the laptop and check emails and facebook. The news is so depressing, all they are going on about is the amount of money being cut from the disabled care budgets by the government. ( half a billion pound to date ), It seems like it is the Disabled and Elderly that are being made to suffer in this economic climate. I am lucky that I have such a close supportive family and friends around me.   

Ah!! Daytime TV.
Amanda arrives at 8.45 and is very cold, anyway she is not happy that the care company she is working for is not keeping them up to date on what the future holds in store for the workforce with the changes being made to Adult Social Care in Portsmouth, ( I know even less) anyway she gets me washed and groomed ready for the rest of the day and then she is on her way, I get some Wheatabix for breakfast and then finish getting dressed and back into the lounge and the TV.

The time is now nearly 10.00 and I need to get some work done on my interactive DVD " What is Myositis" I started this last year and hoped to get it finished by November but I have fallen behind and now need to get it back on track so am hoping to get it completed by the Summer. As I am working on it so I am finding more items to add to it but still keeping it simplistic so that people can understand what Myositis is.

To Blinking Cold
So that is a little bit more added to that so now off round to Tesco to get a few bits and pieces before lunch. The time is 11.30 so off I go. Once round Tesco I get some milk, Newspaper, Fruit Drink and a cottage pie for dinner tonight, and then make my way back home, although it is very cold today, the sun is breaking through so it is quite bright outside now the temperature has also risen to 4⁰c, although the amount of clothes I am dressed in it feels more like a heat wave LOL.

That is better back home in the warm .so now for a "Hot Chocolate complan" and a Banana I think, and then that will see me through until lunch at 2.00, it will also warm me up, once I have had that then I will get on the Laptop again and see who is about on Facebook and check the Ancestry site and also my emails, and then I will have launch at 2.00 and this afternoon I will spend an hour or so on Family History Research.
It is now 2.00 and time for some chicken soup and a couple of crisp bread , so that should go down a treat.......

These are what trays look like.
So lunch is over and done with, and I enjoyed that, I do like "Cream of Chicken Soup" and it goes down well with a couple of crisp bread, although trying to juggle a soup bowl on a plate with 2 buttered crisp bread, a spoon and a coffee, one crisp bread ended up on the floor, so only one crisp bread with my lunch. Note to self: "Use a flaming tray"

James and Edith in Delson, Canada my great Grandparents.
Now I am back on the laptop carrying out more family research in to the Hubbard side of the Family. All the Hubbards apart from my Grandfather Frederick emigrated to Delson Junction in Canada in the early 1900,s my grandfather stayed here in the UK as he was in the Royal Navy, and in 1912 married my Grandmother. I have made contact with many of the extended family in Canada, and also with my cousin from the Smith side of the Family. Using Ancestry website I can search the Canadian vital records and found the notification of my Great Grandfather (James Hubbard) Funeral service at St andrews church in delson in 1940.

So now it is 3.30 and I need to sort out a few Bills as it is the end of the month and then get sorted ready for Pointless on TV at 5.15 and then it will be dinner at 6.00 followed by the soaps from 7.00 until 9.00 and at 9.00 it will be "The Royal Bodyguard" and at 9.30 "Mrs Browns Boys"  Don't you just love Monday night TV. so until tomorrow I will say Adios Amigo,s.
The Royal Bodyguard BBC1 9.00
Mrs Browns Boys. BBC1 9.30

No comments:

Post a Comment